Dewalt chargers fried!?

shinyballs

1 kW
A blackout happened yesterday while 2 chargers are plugged in the wall but not doing any charging. When electricity came back, chargers can no longer charge. No lights turning on when I try to plug it again. Any thoughts...?

ouch .. thats no good :(
open them check the fuses inside .. if your lucky that might be it ..

-steveo

shinyballs said:
thoughts...?

Yeah, sounds like your Dewalt charger's fried.

Either that or UFO dropped by and caused some electrical disturbances or some such.

Sorry, i couldn't resist :p

It's an oil companies conspiracy. They cut power to your house then while you're in darkness, they sent their underlings to sabotage your charger so you can't run your EV. Now you are forever slaved to their infrastructure muahahaha.

often a power outage is accompanied by a power surge. the surge can fry plugged in electronics.

rick

a few years ago the conspiracy guys were peddling the notion that the private utilities in the US could cause a cascading power failure by scheduling maintenance at a plant and shutting it down during a peak demand period. the customers would then be forced to buy power at extortion rates from neighboring utilities to prevent the cascade. of course the two private utilities are in cahoots and split the windfall. the idea even became an episode of LAW and ORDER.

It seems a bit odd to me that only the Dewalt chargers were affected. Or is this not the case? Were other items damaged at the same time at your home? Were any of your neighbors adversly affected in this incident?

A person I work with lost several appiances due to a problem with his service. The power company was found responsible and had to replace the items.

Here is a silly question... is there any chance it's connected to a GFI circuit and that blew? I'm sure you checked, but. Some times the simple things get left out of the thinking.

rkosiorek said:
a few years ago the conspiracy guys were peddling the notion that the private utilities in the US could cause a cascading power failure by scheduling maintenance at a plant and shutting it down during a peak demand period. the customers would then be forced to buy power at extortion rates from neighboring utilities to prevent the cascade. of course the two private utilities are in cahoots and split the windfall. the idea even became an episode of LAW and ORDER.

I never followed it that closely, but I remember on the news at the time the prosecution had internal emails from Enron showing they actually were engaging in exactly this sort of bizarre activity.
Anyway should be verifiable if true.

There are numerous Law-n-Order episodes I recognize having been ripped from todays screaming headline, usually with their own added twist at the end.
Barney Miller among others have done the same.
Beats having to actually write something original & as they say, truth is stranger than fiction.

Definitely it's the power surge that damage the chargers. It also blew up several bulbs in my room and kitchen. The outlet where the chargers are connected is still working but when I check the rest, two are bad. Maybe the breaker for those outlets is fried too. Have to use a surge protector next time...

Doctorbass has opened this charger before, what do you think doc?
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1428&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

shinyballs said:
Definitely it's the power surge that damage the chargers. It also blew up several bulbs in my room and kitchen. The outlet where the chargers are connected is still working but when I check the rest, two are bad. Maybe the breaker for those outlets is fried too. Have to use a surge protector next time...

Doctorbass has opened this charger before, what do you think doc?
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1428&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Wow I would definately report this to the power company! THey should fix these items for you. Here is a link where the same thing happened to some other people.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=25&sid=1325634

Back