Internal clearence between rotor and e-hub

Cicada

10 W
Hello

I just bought a Hope V2, probably the wider caliper on the market, (vented rotor, safety first, but wait!safety cost a lot!!!),
unfortunately there's not enough clearance internally between disk and the electric hub,
it's a matter of 3 mm, so a hub disc spacer will be not enough anyway, and at 2.5 mm the disc will rub on the swing arm anyway.
Not too bad because the original plan was mount that caliper on the front wheel
BUT
would be great to know the internal clearance of the other HOPE calipers (M4, X2) as shown in the picture.

Thanks to share, appreciated.

Attachments

• hope calliper.JPG
    hope calliper.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 334
"Safety first" would dictate that you don't run a front hubmotor, about 20 spots higher on the list than a special brake rotor.

"Safety first" would dictate that you don't run a front hubmotor, about 20 spots higher on the list than a special brake rotor.

John, I am pretty sure he is running a rear hub. That is what he is saying, ideally he wants to run it on his rear hub, but it won't fit, so worse comes to wors he will run the rotor on the front wheel (with hubmotor on rear). That was how I interpreted it.

@Cicada - If I were you I would stick the Hope on the front, and run AVID BB7's on the rear. You are putting together a Greyborg right? I found having cable on the rear of my greyborg convenient as you need a long brake cable to get to the back wheel, and with Hydros that is a pain. I also find my Avid BB7 to be as good (or very little difference anyway) as my hydro brakes anyway. I was astounded at how much better BB7s are than other cable disc brakes.

Hey Phil, thanks a lot for your interpretation, that's 100 correct!
That means that my English is still so and so....damn!

Yep, Hope V2 will go on the front,
hub 9C 8x8 is on rearwheel,
thanks anyway for the heads up John ,
is good to know that the day you turn crazy, there will be some friend to stop you. :roll:

Sorry to look poshy, (cheers Grin anyway) for now I am really intrested just in that two HOPE models(Hope X2 and M4)
to have same lever and good brake feeling as on the front with the V2,
but also because downhilling in my next road trip will be very bad for brakes, the bike will be superheavy,
I think i will need some really good stuff.

Phil, how long is your cable to the rear?
Hope sells 10mt braided hose, I think that will be enough... :lol:
http://www.hopetech.com/page.aspx?itemid=SPG289&tab=purchase&filtercriteria=braided&x=0&y=0

If you guys have internal clearance for that 2 models please let me know, I can't find any Hope caliper available in the Wellington shops,to see one, you have to order it! Crazy default times...
I'm also trying to ask directly to Hope tech, maybe they know :wink:

I use a Tech V2 EVO for the front, no Hope brake will clear the motor without a custom made mounting adaptor. You will love this brake for the front, but the rear doesn't need that kind of braking power and fine tuning ability.

I use a Magura Gustav M for the rear, it is the best brake caliper that clears any motor. I swap the rear wheel with various motors, and this choice of brake sure made my life easy. The modulation of the Gustav M is just as good as the V2, it cools as well, and it is easier to service.

Back