Throttle wiring question

geetarboy

100 W
I am hooking up a 3-wire throttle, Red-White-Black to a infineon controller Red-Green-Black. Do I hook-up the white throttle wire to the green controller wire? I thought I read somewhere on here 'but can't find it now' that you have to hook it up as follows

Throttle - Controller
Red - Red
Green - Black
Black - White

Thanks, I wish the search worked better on the forum, maybe I'm doing that wrong too?
- Mark

YES the wiring you described is correct. If you want to make sure before wiring just check that red and black have 4.5 - 5v when the controller is on.
They are always ground, 5v, signal so white and green are both signal.

I could use some help... trying to get a half twist throttle, Lyen 9fet Infineon and a 9C talking to each other... no luck so far. As you can see in the photo below I've got the +5v reds on the throttle hooked up and the green sense wires and yellow/black grounds. I'm getting ~5v out of the red grounded to the black/yellow so figured that's okay based on what I've read. I've got the motor phase colors coordinated, but have also tried mixing and matching those with no luck. The hall connectors are together, but I don't know if they're aligned correctly or if that matters. So...

...the motor doesn't spin at all. I get an initial "pulse" sometimes when I blip the throttle. But... when I twist the throttle my CA registers the input... when I go WOT I see about 2,400 watts, which is totally inline with this 72v30A controller... I'm seeing about 70v with sag and about 35A on the CA full bore, but the motor doesn't turn at all. Hmm.

Thoughts? Halls? Motor phases? Thanks for any tips. Thought I could figure this out, but... nope... 8)

IMG_0615.JPG

you will need to switch a couple of the phase wires. i'm not 100% sure but i think it is the yellow and green. i went through this myself before Christmas. i should have made notes.

if it isn't well there are only 4 more combinations to try. but it is definitely a couple of phase wires that need swapping. don't worry, as long as you only apply part power (1/2 throttle max) for a couple of seconds or so, while testing combinations, you won't hurt anything.

rick

Thank you for the help! I'm afraid I was a bit stupid here... I had the throttle +5v, GND and Sense right, but i was attempting to connect the motor halls to the controller programming wires. Oops. :oops:

I now have the motor turning BUT it's still not sounding right and is cogging a lot/sounding crunchy and stopping very, very quickly when letting off the throttle. My Costco bike dropouts are SO pathetic that I'm not going to do anything more until I get my torque arms. When I tighten the axle nuts it literally pushes the motor out of the dropouts. Grrr. :evil:

Anyway... have a listen... thoughts? Thanks again!

[youtube]ZCjwG3a2nyQ[/youtube]

Back