Troubleshooting assembly

Wick

10 mW
Hi there!

Helping my friend assemble hi´s ebike. It´s a MXUS DD with Infineon controller.
Everything is connected according to plan, but the motor is just siting still, making noice.
Any of you have any ideas?

Kind regards
Wick

more detail please, voltage, battery, connectors, fuses, lights, throttle information would be helpful

If the motor makes a buzzing sound but doesn't move, it almost always indicates the hall/phase wires are not in the right order or one of the hall signals is gone.

Thanks for replying! I've checked the response from the sensors and one seems to been dead. How can I confirm that it's the sensor and not just some cable error. Is there an easy way to open it?

Probably have to take the motor apart to check the wiring. Before you do that, it might be worth testing them with the controller unplugged. To do this, you need to feed 5v to the sensors (usually red and black wires).

Make sure all the connections are in place. The halls sometimes push the pins out of the connector housing.

If all tight take yur voltmeter power on the controller, connect probe to the black hall wire and test the other ones YELLOW, BLUE, GREEN. touch the color and turn the wheel, the meter should toggle o to 5v. Test each one if one does work that is probably the problem. Test to make sure you don't have a bad crimp in the connectors. They look like there connected but only the insulation is connected.

Dan

Take another real hard look at the plug. Make sure the contacts didn't back out of the housing.

Dead on arrival halls in the motor is super rare, but not impossible.

Back