Pinout for cheap brushless controller off ebay???

There may be a switch for the key that needs to be connected together to get it to work. There should be a pair of wires that are small that goes to a key switch to turn the bike on/off.

connected = on
disconnected = off

This is what it has... Would it be the "speed" wire? Connected to what????

Attachments

• cable1.jpg
    cable1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 3,518
Got this from ecrazyman (ebay seller)

battery
red:battery +
black:battery -

3 phase motor
yellow: motor A phase
blue: motor B phase
green: motor C phase

motor sensor
red: + 5V
black: GND
yellow: A phase signal
blue: B phase signal
green:C phase signal

brake
black: GND
yellow: brake signal

throttle
yellow:GND
green:1~4V speed control signal

speed meter to digtal speed meter

2 pcs small blue wires is speed limit,adjust to left or right can be control max speed.
------------
Its the brake I'm confused with -- since when have they put a 0v-5v sensor in a brake? I have only seen the ones that are braked when connected... Can I use it like that or do I have to get 2 new brake levers? Can I just use the ground and 5v?
-----------
I'm hoping this is what is keeping it from working (I didn't have the brake hooked up when I was testing the controller), guess I could connect a old throttle to it for testing...

to use those brake connector you would need new brake with cutoff wire for those connector. Otherwise you would need to rig up some kind of separate motor cut off switch or use a reed switch to use them. Those are not needed to be connected for the motor to work.

Excuse me but I don't understand how to use the brake with this controler. The signal which come from the brake is between 0v and 5v that means that the controler will do proportional braking :?:

no it is very common for cheap levers to have a Hall switch built into them.

you can use a switch to short the yellow to the black for the brake function. this is to turn off the motor when the brake levers are pulled. it would be counter productive for the motor to continue driving whilst you are trying to stop the bike.

rick

Just wanted to point out that someone at the Maker Faire rode my stock Kollmorgen powered bike around with the brake on and feet dragging and fried it. That brake cutout connector does serve a purpose!

piap said:
Excuse me but I don't understand how to use the brake with this controler. The signal which come from the brake is between 0v and 5v that means that the controler will do proportional braking :?:

To answer your question, no the controller does not do proportional braking. When the the brake line is grounded, it stops the controller output so you don't fry the motor and your brakes. It's on or off, no in between. It does not put the controller into a regenerative brake mode (at least not this model).

I would like to change the Low Voltage Cutout (LVC) setting of this controller.
This particular one cuts out at 42v, I'd like to use 33v dewalt battery , so i need to setup this LVC to 28V. Someone already did this :?:

Attachments

• controller.jpg
    controller.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 2,744
I happen to come across a cozybike with this motor controller and a 1000watt hub. It does have regeneratove breaking and petal assist. I am looking to remove the low voltage cut off as well to something more suiting for sla batteries ie.. 40v being dead. Anybody complete this task or have a resource for the ic's?
Also the 2 blue wires? One a higher speed and other a lower limit?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-09-13-05-40-1.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-09-13-05-40-1.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,141
  • Screenshot_2019-02-09-13-05-56-1.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-09-13-05-56-1.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 1,141
Back