upgrade noname controller

agentS

10 µW
Hi guys! My name is Sergey, I am from Russia, so please forgive me my poor english. I need your help. I've got a controller, which was bought from V-power HK3 in e-bay store (36V, 800W).I want to modify it to 60V, and if its possible to 1000W. Somehow just searching through the forum I saw information about changing an input resistor (3W 3pcs parallel) and increasing shunts power and something about adding resistor between 6th and 7th LM358 legs. But now when I actually need this information I cant find it again! So please if you know where it was discribed give me a link or if you know how to do it please tell me. I really hope for your assistance.
P.S. If you need proper photo please just let me know.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 1,864
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    278.2 KB · Views: 1,864
AFAIK, you need to upgrade the capacitors to handle the voltage and then you can also put some solder on the shunt to increase the current.

Im already upgrade the capacitors from 63 volt to 100 volt. Вut when I put in controller 60 volts it goes to the defense :( I use 5X12volt 9Ah SLA Battery

First off, You need to use flux when you solder and more heat, from the looks of what i see in your pic your connections are poor.

Second it looks like you have (3) 680ohm resistors in parallel. (correct me if I'm wrong) When you put restors in parallel it makes it handle more watts, but the resistance of ohms goes down. Those 3 are only blocking 10 volts from your pack, because you only have 226ohm in the circuit. (.045amps controller load x 226ohms). So you are putting 50V into your circuits controller from a 60v pack. Its probably hitting a failsafe or blew the regulator. Put (1) 3W 400ohm resistor in there.

I haven't been on here in a while, and i Don't have this controller. You may want to get a second opinion.

What do you mean by "It goes to the defense"? Some controllers have programmed in HVC, High Voltage Cutoff. Then you're pretty much screwed. Some of the guys have found some really economical replacement controllers that will easily handle the power you want and more.

John

agentS said:
Im already upgrade the capacitors from 63 volt to 100 volt. Вut when I put in controller 60 volts it goes to the defense :( I use 5X12volt 9Ah SLA Battery

i think what your trying to say is it has overvolt protection? if your runing sla in series all you really need to do is run the thin red wire to 38volts and the thick red wire to 60volts. the controller should work.
i have two aftermarket controllers like this and thay work great. one is over 80volts.

than again if you tested over 60volts without a mod im sure the controller is toast :roll: i never mod the resisters in the no name controllers anymore fooling it into the proper voltage works better saves time.

John in CR said:
What do you mean by "It goes to the defense"? Some controllers have programmed in HVC, High Voltage Cutoff. Then you're pretty much screwed. Some of the guys have found some really economical replacement controllers that will easily handle the power you want and more.

John
Oops, Im sorry, I made a mistake. I mean "High Voltage Cutoff".

karma said:
agentS said:

i think what your trying to say is it has overvolt protection? if your runing sla in series all you really need to do is run the thin red wire to 38volts and the thick red wire to 60volts. the controller should work.
i have two aftermarket controllers like this and thay work great. one is over 80volts.

than again if you tested over 60volts without a mod im sure the controller is toast :roll: i never mod the resisters in the no name controllers anymore fooling it into the proper voltage works better saves time.

Do you mean these wires? The thin red wire is a "remote".

Attachments

• 1234w_SLAl.jpg
    1234w_SLAl.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,796
Back