Reversing a Lyen controller

Gow864

100 W
Does anyone know if I can reverse a Lyen controller. I'm trying to get my cromotor working and the only combo that seems to work is in reverse. Is there reverse switch in a Lyen controller it's an 184110.

Thanks,
Gow.

There should be a forward combo. When I had a similar problem, the solution was finding a forward phase combo, then finding the halls combo that worked with it. In my case, I swapped green and blue, then matched that same swap on the halls.

dogman said:
There should be a forward combo. When I had a similar problem, the solution was finding a forward phase combo, then finding the halls combo that worked with it. In my case, I swapped green and blue, then matched that same swap on the halls.

Thanks dogman, but I've already tried all 36 combinations, this is the only one that seems to have full torque and no odd noises.

maybe, I push the axle out and reverse the stator :shock:

Gow.

I have a lyen 18fet controller. I ordered the reverse option and have a connector on the controller for this.

Does anyone know how this works exactly? Like, what type of switch would I need.

Once I switch to reverse, can I use my throttle to drive in reverse?

Gow864 said:
Does anyone know if I can reverse a Lyen controller. I'm trying to get my cromotor working and the only combo that seems to work is in reverse. Is there reverse switch in a Lyen controller it's an 184110.

Thanks,
Gow.

if none of the 36 combos will run it in the direction that you want it to run in with the correct no-load current and correct kv then I would say that even if you had a reversers switch on the controller there is still a possibility that it will not work. forget about full torque and find the lowest no-load current and correct kv..

Offroader said:
I have a lyen 18fet controller. I ordered the reverse option and have a connector on the controller for this.

Does anyone know how this works exactly? Like, what type of switch would I need.

yes as long as the motor supports it.

I'd try again. I'm sure John will chime in here on which wires to switch, but there should be a proper forward combo.

Is this a direct drive motor? I haven't seen that mentioned although that large of controller I would assume.....

I direct you to the combo chart here: http://www.endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/Determining_the_Wiring_for_a_Brushless_Motor

Lower RH corner of said chart describes how to reverse rotation.

Offroader said:

Any type of switch will do.
Once you switch to reverse, the speed is controlled by the throttle, same as when the motor is spinning forward.
You can test it by connecting the 2 connectors to each other (instead of connecting them to a switch).
My experience (with a 6 FET Lyen) was that the maximal reverse speed is lower than the maximal forward speed.

Avner.

Thanks, would you happen to know of easy on/off switches that can be mounted on the handlebar?

Funny thing is why would you ever want to go full speed in reverse, I am curious to how controllable going in reverse actually is. Will be fun, and also more fun when people are like a motorbike going in reverse!

If you accidently hit the reverse switch of a bike while moving forward with speed, what would happen?

Would the motor just act as a break for the most part, without enough power to reverse the motor? What you damage anything?

Just trying to decide on if I put a switch on my handlebar and I accidently hit it while accelerating or something.

Back