4110 fets controller and 100.8V battery

Doctorbass

100 GW
Guys i ask to every user of controller mooded with 4110 fets that drive 95V+

About my best matching 2kWh pack i'm building i'll divide it into 4 pack of 6s18p of cell charged to 4.2V.

after simple calculation you guess that it give me a main pack that have 24 x 4.2V = 100.8V

I would really use or try it but personally i think it is a bit borderline for the fet that are rated 100V...

any ever experienced these high voltage with 4110?

for sure the risk would be if i immediatly power on the controller few minutes after they have been fuly charged..

but i know that if i wait a bit they will drop and float to around 4.15V that give 99.6V..

But I worry about the case where i could forget to wait couples of minutes to let the voltage floating lower, and to blow the fets....I know the voltage will drop instantanously after i apply the trottle for the first time, but THERE IS A FIRST TIME that the voltage is high and it could be enough to blow something...

your oppinion?

I think a few have run them up as high as something like 112V and they have lived. You should be okay...

doc..

i've seen my 4110 controller taking voltage of 105 - 108 with no problems at all.. i believe lowell was the one to run 112v

i wouldn't worry much ..

besides .. fets are cheaper then our battery packs lol.

doc are you trying to compete with me at 100v ... lol ..

i should have 133v next week .. i build my 4th 33v pack :D

-steveo

Back