BikeE Rx purchase ?

I am considering buying a BikeE Rx (used of course, been out of production since 2001) for conversion to e drive. It appears to be a good candidate because it has a mid drive deraileur, is dual suspension, main frame is a beam which would make it easy mount a Powerpack motor and hang batteries from.

This will be my 4th e bike so I have a good idea what I am getting into. I have a tadpole trike which I was running with a 408/412 at 72v and have nearly completed changing to Powerpack bbdrive.

I would appreciate input as to the suitablity of this as an e bike conversion and drive methods. One thought I had was a Nuvinci mid drive from Statton.

J Barrie Wilkinson

Attachments

• Bike E Rx.jpg
    Bike E Rx.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,595
My wife has been riding her Bike-e with a front wheel brushed Crystalyte for about 5 years with no trouble at all! Yours should be even better with the suspension. Just B careful of those front forks! They are steel, but yours have shocks, so watch out for high power!
other Doc

Other Doc,

Thanks for the input. I will not be using a front wheel motor, am considering Ezee rear hub motor if Justin (ebikes.ca) can get them, or BMC rear hub. I am using a Powerpack motor bb chainwheel drive on my EZ tadpole trike and may try that as a mid drive.

Barrie

Front drive offers many advantages. It helps balance the bike, no mechanical complexity etc! She can go up 10-12% grades without a problem, even when they are wet!
otherDoc

Back