Check your nut tightness

Deepkimchi

1 kW
Make sure y'all are doing regular checking of axle, rack etc bolts. Did mine and found the rear rack (supporting my 25 lbs of 80V) was pretty loose. Rear and front axles okay.

Also tried to add a cutoff switch but started having problems with connectors (and one battery terminal was loose - the older FalconEV pack that had the loose terminal when I bought it).

Got my switch and tail-light installed also.

DK

Attachments

• IMG_0961.JPG
    IMG_0961.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,048
  • IMG_0959.JPG
    IMG_0959.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 1,049
Yes Sir. I'll inspect, protect, and check my nuts before every ride from now on.

ngocthach1130 said:
Yes Sir. I'll inspect, protect, and check my nuts before every ride from now on.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ngocthach1130 said:

Good plan. Wouldn't be much fun if you lost one of your nuts.

Link said:
Good plan. Wouldn't be much fun if you lost one of your nuts.
NBD.

Yer Pal,
Lefty

DeepKimchi,

Isn't that taillight blocked by your shipping container trailer? ie You're running 80V but have almost a 2sqft suction plate at the back slowing you down. A more aerodynamic tail shape at the back of your batt box instead of that tractor trailer rig shape will probably net you at least a couple of mph top end. I figure that if you're running high voltage that you want performance, so I thought I throw my $.02 in the hat with something easy to do at next to no weight cost.

John

Y'all killin me. :lol:

Yeah, the box is a little bigger than I wanted, $ 8 at the local Korean street market. I look like all the locals running around.

I add about a 1/2 inch of padding between walls, batteries, on top and underneath. I'm worried about crashing with $ 1,400 of batteries flying around.

Actually it is a perfect fit width wise, length is about 4 inches too long, height about 2 inches too much. One problem is that I have 2 different brand packs, one low wide rectangular, and a tall slim Lifebatt pack.

If I get my BMS from Gary, I'll probably go for another smaller one.

DK

Deepkimchi said:
Y'all killin me. :lol:
Yeah, the box is a little bigger than I wanted, $ 8 at the local Korean street market. I look like all the locals running around.
I add about a 1/2 inch of padding between walls, batteries, on top and underneath. I'm worried about crashing with $ 1,400 of batteries flying around.
Actually it is a perfect fit width wise, length is about 4 inches too long, height about 2 inches too much. One problem is that I have 2 different brand packs, one low wide rectangular, and a tall slim Lifebatt pack.
If I get my BMS from Gary, I'll probably go for another smaller one.
DK

I wasn't commenting on the overall size. You got what you got. Sure it would look even bigger, but some kind of tail cone instead of the flat back that ends up like a big suction plate pulling you backward should make a noticeable performance increase.

Back