how many 4 series crystalyte motors are there?

dirty_d

10 kW
on electricrider.com they call them sparrow and roadrunner, then they have 2 kits the 3625 and 4825 for the sparrow, im guessing that thats just difference between the controller between each kit, or are they different motors as well? in the graph they show the 3625 and 4825 are pretty much the same, in the parts section they sell the sparrow motor alone and its called the X-409, the roadrunner is the X-408, whats the difference between the two? is the X-408 brushless while the x-409 is brushed? i seem to have seen a lot of different model numbers on the forums like x-4011, not sure what the difference between all these is. what i want to find is one thats 36V and brushed.

404 405 406 407 408 409 4011 4012 4013 ( strangely enough. no 4010 )

The " brushed " crystalyte, is comparable in rpm per volt to a 409 brushless.

404 = FAST
4013 = SLOW

All motors will run from 24v to 72v, but depending on wheel size chosen and amp controller used with it " from 20 amps to 50 amps " you get X amount of watts out of your battery pack.

electricrider.com confuse me with their renaming of the motors. It appears to me that they are trying to separate themselves from the group. I don't know what a sparrow, or roadrunner is. I do know the difference between a 405 and a 406. I just shop elsewhere where I'm not confused. http://www.ebikes.ca

mi7d1 said:
I just shop elsewhere where I'm not confused.

If you go to the electricrider.com parts page you'll see the naming matrix below the images and can translate roadrunner=408 etc. etc. Having said that.. yeah.. that's just dumb marketing with such a tiny demographic. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck don't call it a goose. :?

erider.jpg

pwbset said:
mi7d1 said:
I just shop elsewhere where I'm not confused.

If you go to the electricrider.com parts page you'll see the naming matrix below the images and can translate roadrunner=408 etc. etc. Having said that.. yeah.. that's just dumb marketing with such a tiny demographic. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck don't call it a goose. :?

Thanks for showing me that. I've learned something new. I've never made it that far into the site. As soon as I see the words:
  • sparrow
  • roadrunner
  • racer
    cruiser
  • brute
I close the link and go elsewhere. Nice to know that they do have a translation available. :D

EDIT: I should say in fairness that I do like the larger than normal choice on other parts.

there are also several various flavors of the dual speed motors. not sure how many are still made. they used to have a 404/408, 406/409, 408/4011, 408/4012.

nice motors if you modify a controller with an external switch and relay to go from the low to the high rpm winding. forget the rather useless dual speed controller they sell.

my personal fav is the 408/4012. on a 50A controller. 48V is fine for most people.

rick

I think i'm the only one left in north america with any dual speeds on hand.. only got 2 of each when i ordered .

the 404/408's went into some of Neal's 20" x 40mm wide rims to a guy in Texas who is building a solar powered quad, 2 person pedal system, both motors on the rear swingarms.. should be a cool rig.. he was going to use Valence lithiums at 48v.

Back