Programmable Controllers

JennyB

1 kW
I've just bought a 6-fet IRFB3077 from Cellman, and I got the USB programming cable because I thought I might need it sometime. I've only managed a couple of test rides so far, but I'm very pleased. :D The higher amp limit lets me climb faster and there doesn't seem to be an increase in watt hours used; I may be using more power, but I'm using it for less time, and when the motor is turning faster. Also, I find the half-twist throttle easier to regulate than a thumb throttle, and cruise control is really nice when you're tucked down, battling a 20mph headwind!

So the question is - what parameters should I be thinking of tweaking, bearing in mind I'm looking for efficiency and reliability rather than ultimate power?

If you want to use this thread to share how other controllers may be programmed for other purposes, that’s fine too.

The only settings that you can really program in these controllers that change the bike is the current, both phase and battery. Increasing these will consume more power. If efficiency is what your after and your happy with how it performs then i would suggest leaving it as is.
Are you using regen? You can tweak that setting a little bit if your using it.
Heres the thread with the software that i found the best to use.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27927

You seem to be a little like me, I've got an 18 FET Lyen programable controller's-the 4110 one that will go to 100V and 65Amps without further modification, Ed Lyen set them up before sending them for 30Amps Rated/80Amps phase. It's fine for my normal needs at 36V - it manages all the hills, but I can connect the batteries in series for 72V when more is wanted. I may program for it for more current at some time- my batteries could go to the controller maximum, and the Crystalyte 5300 motor can handle it.
If you're getting up the hills, managing to beat the headwinds, getting the speeds and range you want there's little left apart from considering regen if you have a direct drive wheel but make sure you have two good torque arms fitted or will have problems with the axle from spinning out inside the dropout. Your return is very much dependent on your landscape. I tried it but generally got under 5%, sometimes more- not worth the potential damage to me.
Happy riding!

Back