Final Year Engineering Dissertation

zoidbergg

1 µW
I am starting a final year mechanical engineering dissertation in which I need to compile a spread sheet on which batteries people have used for their bikes. Only need the make and model of batteries. any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

20 amp A123 cells bought as Rejects from China supplier. Battery built as 6S x2 using agnuism kits for battery construction. 2 years and still going.
otherDoc

zoidbergg said:
I am starting a final year mechanical engineering dissertation in which I need to compile a spread sheet on which batteries people have used for their bikes. Only need the make and model of batteries. any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Powersonic SLA 12V18ah
Deiner flooded lead acid deep cycle 12V60ah
Ping brand LiFePo4 v1.0
Sony US18650V from used Makita cordless powertool packs
Sony US18650VT from used Makita and new Bosch powertool packs
A123 M1 from used DeWalt packs
Zippy Flightmax 20C from RC lipo packs
Turnigy Hardcase 20C from 4s packs
Zippy Compact 25C RC Lipo
Turnigy Nanotech 45-90C RC lipo
A123 AMP20 LiFePo 4 20ah pouch packs both new grade A and grade B
Turnigy Nanotech A-Spec 65-130C RC lipo
Unbranded Chinese made moderate to high power (4C-20C rated) 18650 cells LiMN and NMC
2 types of Chinese made unbranded prismatic LiFePo4 cells new
Nissan Leaf battery modules used from salvage

zoidbergg said:
Many people have them in their signatures. You could view each member's profile and look at them.

Or you could read around the many build and troubleshooting threads.

However, many people build their own, so there is no make or model of the batteries themselves, only of the individual cells (and perhaps the BMS, if any). ;)

Lipo from hobby king . Nanotechnology turnigys. Can never get built in bms to work properly though

48V 11Ah frame pack from EM3ev.

Samsung INR18650-29E NCO / Li(NiCoO2) cells

13s 4P pack.

fully charged shows 54.48V

Murraysmith said:
You could probably go on ebay and find any type there.
I always do.

I'm imagining a happy ending, with the OP getting a passing grade on his/her dissertation, and now working successfully as a Mech E for the last 8 years. Especially since his/her last time on the forum was the day after the single post :D

Palladium arc reactor.

As long as we're replying to an ancient post, might as well come clean.

Well I had to google it

A thesis, or dissertation, is a document submitted in support of candidature for an academic degree or professional qualification presenting the author's research and findings. In some contexts, the word "thesis" or a cognate is used for part of a bachelor's or master's course, while "dissertation" is normally applied to a doctorate.

Kevin O'Leary or Mr Wonderful from the Shark Tank and Dragons Den says the top 3 or 4 careers to go into are as follows
1) Engineering
2) Engineering
3) Engineering
4) Engineering

Back