lithium 18650's

edwolf

10 µW
i love the high amp Samsung cr18650 cells. I build battery packs and I can make them in any size or shape. I even got 15+ ah into the front hub of my tidalforce m750 and I have about 7000 of them on hand if anyone needs some. they are genuine, not the fakes on ebay. You should get about 1500 charge cycles before replacement. I also put them in an 2 ezip plastic battery packs for a friend. He says he gets about 50 miles on mostly flat ground.(we have lots of that here in Chula Vista, Ca. I also put them in a neighbors 4 wheel mobility scooter more than doubling the range at 50lb less. I believe these are the best all around cells on the market. Thats why elon stays with them. I also use only pure silver wire and silver tabs. Makes a big difference. Second only to tidalforce using high quality silverplated aircraft wire in their bikes.

We need to bury the internal combustion engine for good. ! they should have already been placed in a museum.

Hi edwolf,

I am interested in seeing how you build those 18650 into the front hub of tidalforce.
Is it possible to send me a few picture of the finish product? thanks!

Jeff

A link to a website for the cells you are talking about would be helpful.

edwolf, what city and state/country are you in?

Since this is an advertisement for a service to provide a product (building a custom battery pack from 18650's), would you mind if I moved this thread to the "products for sale - new" section?

ziltoid81 said:
1500 cycles out of li ion.......he must be a scientist and invented something new.

That is with the available li-ion possible.
But u need to sacrifice some capacity from the beginning.
For 1500 cycles you need to:
Charge max. to 4.05V or better 4.03V instead of 4.2V
Keep the battery if unused near empty 3.1V and if longer unused than store also in refrigerator or better some place with near 0°C
Charge only slow before use ( @ <0.5C )
If you battery cells are rated 20A continuous discharge than its better to use 10A as peak and 5A as continuous discharge while 8A peak and 3A as continuous discharge is even better.
While charging and discharging keep the battery temperature between 10°C and 35°C

\/ampa said:
ziltoid81 said:
1500 cycles out of li ion.......he must be a scientist and invented something new.

Keep the battery if unused near empty 3.1V and if longer unused than store also in refrigerator or better some place with near 0°C
If you battery cells are rated 20A continuous discharge than its better to use 10A as peak and 5A as continuous discharge while 8A peak and 3A as continuous discharge is even better.
While charging and discharging keep the battery temperature between 10°C and 35°C
All you are saying, goes right direction, but again, we still don't know what he is writing about, Samsung ICR18650-30A for example could be charged to 4.2V without cycle life penalty. To make it easier, its 4.35V cell. I believe, OP is 1 time poster and can be ignored.

parabellum said:
\/ampa said:
ziltoid81 said:

All you are saying, goes right direction, but again, we still don't know what he is writing about, Samsung ICR18650-30A for example could be charged to 4.2V without cycle life penalty. To make it easier, its 4.35V cell. I believe, OP is 1 time poster and can be ignored.

If you look at icr specs cells, they have less than 300 cycles to 70% capacity while charging at 4.35V. It's clearly stretching the cells.

Another member was charging his samsung D1 cell to 4.25V and he has lost 20% capacity in a year...

My view on these cells is that it's still lithium ion and they just overcharged the cell to pretend to higher capacity.

I'd interestes to see any test showing capacity loss is almost non existant at 4.2v

You will also know, same member believes those cells are not legit. Than again, do you have any test proving any other cell charged to 4.2V reducing cycle life? Before you start, lets separate charging to 4.2V and holding cell there for long period of time.
P. S. Almost forgot LG D1 not samsung

I don't have the data-sheet from the LG D1 anymore but i believe i have seen 150 cycles (4.35 to 2.5V @ max. A) where in the LG HE2 data-sheet on same test method was 300 cycles (4.2V to 2.5V @ max. A)

http://www.google.com.do/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=lg%2018650%20d1%20datasheet&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcaxapa.ru%2Fthumbs%2F406271%2FLRB-PS-ICR18650D1.pdf&ei=KaX8VNOtFYvIsASf5oDYAw&usg=AFQjCNFTBFaMmZRnCO1I8VJ5UID77R8q6A&bvm=bv.87611401,d.cWc
P. S. 300 cycles to 75%

Back