I edited in some pics into the post above, and there's more new stuff below.
The front panel is done, but I had to go with one that opens outward only, at least for now. This is mainly because the support I have for the side panels are in the way of it opening up inward, unless I make the front panel significantly narrower to clear them (around an inch on each side).
Embedded the lock in the top edge, locks to the metal frame. Hinges just above the folded seat; folding the panel folds the seat; unfolding the seat unfolds the panel.
Moved the seat forward about an inch and a half, for two reasons. First, to shift my weight forward as much as possible, without interfering with being able to pedal (as much as I am capable, anyway). Second, so my back isn't hitting the front of the front panel; instead is still supported by the fabric of teh seat back. (I could've built the front panel so it has a "recess" there, but that was a lot more complicated to build vs moving hte seat. If I run into problems with teh seat where it is, I'll rebuild it with the recess). I still have to move the handlebars forward on the tiller to compensate, but that's just a couple bolts on the stem clamp.
Added the light inside the cargo area, under the rack deck. The power plugs into the side of it, rather than being directly wired, so I can easily disconnect it and take the deck off if I need to for any reason.
At present it's just wired so it's on anytime "downlights" are on, but I'm making a switch panel with switches for that, the main downlight that used to be over the cargo bed that's now over the rack deck, and one that I'll be adding over my head in the rider area. I may add switches for the extra red LED strips I intend to add on the back, and white ones under the body, once done with the rest of the stuff (might not happen this week, or even soon).
Finished the top of the rear end, and bolted the rear light bar (tail/brake, turn signals) to the top of it.
I also took the canopy cover off the rear half of the canopy, until I can remake it in a permanent way, and painted the aluminum cot frame there red to match the trike, and ziptied the rack deck light and it's wiring to it. Hose clamped the bottom of that frame to the rear light bar. Fixed the "temporary" mounting of the front of the frame to the existing canopy frame, so it's now mounted using the original mounting points on the existing frame that were for this other half in the first place.
The way it's setup now, it has a more "sporty" look to the top, but with the big box on the back end it kinda takes away from that.
Also touching up the red paint here and there on the tirke, where I've had to modify things and not had any red to repaint, just white primer to keep rust away.
I replaced the front turn signals with a pair like those on the trailer, and very similar to what's on the back of the trike. Been meaning to do that for...couple years maybe.
The plastic mount of the left front signal has been broken for a really long time, and it's been held on with electical tape wrapped around it and the trike frame; every time I have to redo that tape I think about replacing them (already fixed it a bunch of times, and it just breaks again). Anyway, now that's done, finally.
Have to wait till morning for good pics of that, but you might just be able to see some of it in the pics above.
I have not yet made the rear door, and it's going to take more than a day to do. I only have a day left of my time-off-work, so I'm just going to go with the quick-and-easy way of putting the metal kennel-crate style door (gate, really) on there. All I have to do is bolt the hinges and a lock hasp to the rear wall, and hang the "gate" on there. It's not much work, so it leaves more time for other stuff I really need to get done, like the lighting / wiring stuff, and hopefully an axle fix for the MXUS 4504 that needs to go back on the right rear wheel. (is still the HSR3548 right now).
I also haven't put the trailer hitch back on yet. I have to decide whether to mount it 3 inches lower (where it's likely to scrape some of the curbs and speedbumps I have to go over now and then, or even hit the ground when I'm going up some of hte steeper driveways from the street), or take a section out of the bottom rear "deck" of the cargo box extension, below where the door will be, and just box in the hitch itself in a way that allows the trailer tongue to move as needed without hitting anything.
If I do the latter, I have to make a "lid" for that area for when dogs are in it, so they can't accidentally stick a paw down in there and get it squished, if I have the trailer on there, or just get the paw stuck or twisted if there's no trailer.