28mm vs 45mm stator

matsh

1 W
Hi guys.
Also posted this on facebook.
I have a cheap 48v 1000w kit. Used this motor with a kelly controller with 20s lipo and 6kw. Insane power to this motor but its still working and smoking... Pulling hard and just a crasy funny project.
I also have on another bike with
crystalyte the crown tc65 bought from hpc. This also run 20s lipo and a kellycontroller max 12kw. Used to run the 6kw controller on this motor.

So 2 bicycle both with 26 inch wheel. 20s lipo. Cheap small motor on max 6kw from controller. And the crown at 10kw power. The small motor puls harder and outruns the big motor.
Of course the small motor gets smoking hot and will not do well on hill climbs. But on flat terrain the small motor puls harder and away from the big motor. Tc65 stops at around 60kmh and the small motor at 68kmh. Top speed is not much because of the windings on the tc65 motor.

From rolling 15kmh to 50kmh the crown motor had no chance to the smaller motor.

I assumed the bigger magnet on the crown motor and more wats should be quicker. Why is this happening.

can i have wrong hall/phase on the big motor? Have used it for many miles it has no issues and puls fine, just now i am not shure because the small motor outrun it with less power. Can this actual hapen or is it because something wrong with the crown motor?

You might consider adding a Cycle analyst, or some other watt-meter so that you can have a real measure of the actual watts being pulled. Just because the battery, motor, and controller are capable of very high wattage, you may not be getting the performancce you paid for. The fix might be the hall wire sequnce (as you have stated), or it could be as simple as a setting on the controllers programming.

The 28mm i dont know its just a generric 48v 1000w kit.
I do have ca 2.3 on the bike with crystalite motor. When we did the race it was pulling 10kw at the most. On the bike with the small motor i do not have a ca. But i have used that controller with the settings it have on the bike with a ca. So i know it is pulling 6kw its also the max on this controller. The bike with big motor is heavier and the rider on that was heavier. If bouth motors are given 5kw of power will they produce the same amount of hp? The smal motor will of course melt on the first big hill. I tought that the bigger motor should have more torque so it should have outrunned the small one.

Also the small motor i have drilled and installed 12awg wires. Big motor has 10awg wires.

Yess. And the ah it has used from the battery pack is the same my icharger 4010 puts back into the battery.

Just tested all 36 combinations on the crown motor. 3 possibilities runs good and t. Same power when freeweheeling and same when test driving it. Still i have more power in my litle motor. Tested swapping throtles. Same result. Tested crown motor running without the ca controller. Same power feeling as with the ca.

What can make a hubmotor make less power? I assumed they either work og dont. Is it because i have the slower tc60 motor, it should have been quick up to 50kmh right?

One theory is that motors have probably different KV*. Low KV motor pulls harder at low rpms (your bigger motor is probably low KV and climbs better) and but accelerate slower at higher rpms and reach the lower top speed. High KV motor is gutless at hills but accelereate like beast at higher speed and its top speed is higher. The ideal is high KV motor geared ridiculously high (like 1:25 or more), but we still have to wait for those hubs to arrive. This is when used with same controller and battery.

This picture taken from http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/712685-tekin-pro-4-hd-factory-thread-25.html explains it. Second picture is high KV motor geared "right". This is very clear with small motors like Q100 328 rpm vs 201 rpm, where 201 rpm version climbs smaller hills and 328rpm version must be start-pedalled at flat but accelerates better at high speeds (used in the same wheel, same controller):
29e38d197fce33ec9181cbc19128108e_zpsd6e7d3e7.JPG
Second best thing is to take low KV motor and increase the voltage to get the higher top speed att the expense of core saturation loss.
file.php

Now the low KV wins. But if we increase the gearing of the first motor, all other things equal... This can be iterated to eternity :mrgreen: , or at least to the points where losses, voltages and sizes get impractical.

*KV=turn per Volt.

That's also the guess I have, your crown is a slower wind.

The crown motor i also think is slower wind. I thought slow wind will be high torque so it should have powerfull acceleration from start? Small motor puls away from start also.

Back