Crystalyte HT3525 motor connector confusion

MurderousFrog

100 mW
First post, don't know if I am doing this right...
I have recently ordered a HT3525 motor from crystalyte europe for my first e-bike build, and am quite puzzled regarding the connector type.
Here are some pictures of the connector plug:

tMf3Avhl.jpg

babeECYl.jpg

I can't seem to find any information about this type of connector on the internet or ES, does anyone know what it's called?
Another thing, these pins seem awfully thin for a 3-6kw motor...

I have never seen that connector. If you are not using their controller, just snip it and put your own favorite flavor on there.

That looks like a sensorless connector with 3 phase wire connections. Did they sell you a sensorless controller too?
otherDoc

Thank you guys for your help.

cal3thousand said:
I have never seen that connector. If you are not using their controller, just snip it and put your own favorite flavor on there.

Did that, It does indeed have the hall sensor wires. After some further investigation on the plug, I found the 6 smaller hall pins which can be seen in the second picture of my post. Those little black spots in the edges.

Actually it is sensored. there are 6 tiny contacts around the outside edge of the plug. 5 halls, and the other could be a temp sensor. On the E-bikekit, when we used that type of plug, the 6th white wire was not used. No idea what it's called.

You need to either cut that plug off, and use some other, or find a wire with the male end plug on it.

This item would get you connected to the motor.
http://www.ebikekit.com/kit-components/cables/motor/motor-cable-for-e-trikekit/

And obviously, this plug is only good to about 1000w, maybe 1500 if you aren't doing long hill climbs. What is it doing on that motor, which often gets run at 3000w?

Use it only as your halls plug? then splice on bullets for the phases?

Hello, Just got a Crystalyte G40 front motor with the same connection. Does anyone know how the 6 small pins are connected? Particularly, which too of them are the +5V and GND respectively?

Well just to respond to this really old topic. Yesterday I received my order form crystalyte-europe as well. Apparently they dont update their webshop. Since I received the new type of the HS3540... This also has that odd plug on it. I contacted them and they told me they would make / have a adapter cable.

Their website states the motor is using anderson connectors and a five pole xlr.

Hopefully they will supply me with a odd connector >> anderson power and jst-SM for the sensors.
I dont understand why they dont just simply update their website. I guess thats less of a hassle than having all those customers contact you....

2z6w20g.jpg

2mrgo5d.jpg

Let me know how it goes with adaption cable. I just bought hs3540 also and saw this weird connector. Their support isn't very helpful, they don't want to sell/provide adaption cable without buying controller from them.

tanel_k said:
Let me know how it goes with adaption cable. I just bought hs3540 also and saw this weird connector. Their support isn't very helpful, they don't want to sell/provide adaption cable without buying controller from them.

Well, the cable will cost me 25 euro and they added shipping to the bill so in total it will set me back 32 euros excluding taxes. Quite a bummer since it is not my fault they have old data on their website. Otherwise I would have ordered it straight away with the motor.

When you are the end customer (I bought it using my business to get a 20% discount) this is a non conformity and european law says they should or accept a return without costing you anything or help you solve the problem.

I think its no problem they charge me for the cable, I needed it anyways. But the shipping is quite rude.

Back