$14.99 72v Sunwin Controller

BSATOM

1 W
I got this controller just to modify. It came today(link 1). It has 100v 330w fets with 7.0mOhm on resistance(MXP1007AT) and 100v Chang caps as expected. What I did not expect was the 15 FETS inside. This controller is rated at 72v 500w. 6 of these fets could easily handle that rating. It seems that I can solder the shunts up and go go go. I might put the 4110 fets in there anyway, for the 40 watts more per device and almost half the on resistance.
Another cool thing is that the main chip is a GPM8F311A (link 2 is to a download page). When looking at page 94, it appears that I can directly drop in the GPM8F3132A and have sine wave output to the motor. I need to read more to see if any other circuitry would be needed for the sine wave mod. This controller was 23 bucks delivered, and makes a great starting ingredient for a modified controller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391189152892?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
http://www.datasheet-pdf.com/datasheet/Generalplus/925188/GPM8F3116.pdf.html

How many amps are you planning on pushing through it?

I plan on using it as a possible destructive test controller. I have a bunch of 4110 FETs to use that I got from Arrow for $1.68 each.
I am going to run 100v at around 40 amps into my ATF cooled 9c hub motor. Should be OK on both ends, as I am currently running 72v 30a through 6 4110s. The current is set in the programming, and I will be probably leaving the shunts alone. It already has beefed up FET traces for a much higher current controller than the 7 amps it is set at now(500w/72v=6.94a).
It seems like a high quality board upon first visual inspection. It has a thick white shiny smooth mask on both sides of the board, covering the small current traces. All the FETs are screwed to a buss bar with kapton insulator and plenty of thermal grease. I am happy with the purchase so far. It came fast too. Don't know if it works yet though.....I will do a bench test tonight. I like the self learning, the 3 speeds, the high and low brake actuation, and the cruise control.

Can you upload some pictures form inside?

Sunwin has an 48V 1500w controller with 18 fets, and this one with 72v and 500w.

Now I am thinking about what makes more sense: modify the 1,5kW con to work up to 90V or modify the 800w con to take a higher current.

So, this controller is a real sleeper. I figured that since the output was set at 7 amps, I would solder the shunt up all the way. Oops.
I put it on my bike today and it drew over 100 amps peak at 72v and barely got it warm.
It tripped my 80 amp(100a trip) breaker, so I stopped giving it full throttle uphill. :mrgreen:
This controller can be set for 48, 60,72 or 84v just by bridging well marked solder pads on the circuit board.
The self learn function seemed to figure out and re-arrange my hall order without me having to manually switch hall wires to find the correct configuration. It was stuttering so I did the self learn, and it ran smooth after that.
The regen braking is smooth but strong, and quiet.
There is no soft start. It easily pulls up on take off, and at 30mph for that matter.
I bought two more and will buy more, as this is a real hot rodders score. The traces are built up with solder and extra strips of copper.
The only thing is that they used solder with dirty ass flux, and never cleaned it off after beefing up the board. Big deal, it is only visual. Never took pics, sorry.

Wow, that is cool. I am tempted to buy this baby http://www.ebay.com/itm/72V-2000W-E...9651&tpos=bottom&ttype=price&talgo=undefined and compare notes, but I will follow with the same see if we have similar results.

How long did you run 100amps through it? Sounds like you are playing russian roulette between your BMS, 9C, and this controller at that level, haha. Bet it was a fun ride though! After soldering the shunt into a contiguous block of metal I will wire in a CAV3-DP to limit it to 80amps then run it at 22S on a MXUS3000 to see how it does. For the cost of a programming cable for a Kelly controller I think it is a worthwhile evening of fun.

It saw 100 amps only long enough to trip the breaker, which is pretty instantaneous. I have no bms. I know that I hovered just below that for a while though.
I had just installed this controller in my new build with a MXUT 3000 4t and 18s of Multistar LiPos.
I pulled it tonight and cut out the soldered up shunts and installed some from a scrap controller board I have. I will run it tomorrow to see if it blows or goes.
This controller linked here will do 2000w easily, actually much more with it's fifteen 100v 330w Fets. I know from experience...My 9 FET 4110 controller regularly sees 2500 watts and only gets slightly warm.
I bet the one you linked is 24 fet. It will do 2000w yawning. That is more like a 6000w controller.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/72V-500W-Electric-Bicycle-Brushless-Speed-Motor-Controller-For-E-bike-Scooter-/361398449039?hash=item542506b38f

I took a video and it looks like the breaker tripped at 80a and not 100a as listed on the breaker. Here is a video of this controller in action. All I did was solder up the shunt. In the video I pop the breaker as the screen showed 80a. I have a 100 amp breaker on the way. This 15 FET controller pulled 5500w peak in this video. Let's see if it can handle around 7000w. Hahaha :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-HjicID6zw

Well, this controller handles 6400 watt intermittent and barely gets warm. I put a 100 amp breaker and pulled 90 amps for over 2 seconds so far. I call this a winner for $23.99 delivered from China within 3 weeks. No better deal that I can find.

Can't be had for that price now. Unfortunately I keep getting outbid.

Keep watching. I have 3 here that I got all this summer for the opening bid.
Right now there are none up, but they have this here better controller with 18 FETS for $35 delivered. Here ya go.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/84V-1000W-Electric-Bicycle-Brushless-Speed-Motor-Controller-For-Scooter-E-bike-/361414903492?hash=item542601c6c4:g:GjsAAOSwrklVSaRo

Hey guys. I have one of these controllers lying around... an 84V - 1500W version

Looking for details on how this thing functions. I've got it set up and working more or less but:

Brake Hi/Lo
Regen
Shunt Mods

Haven't been able to figure out these three. Shunt mods are less important, 35 mph on the janky scooter setup I have is fast enough and probably all the 500W motor can handle for now. But Regen would be epic, and connecting brake Low to ground does not remove torque like I expected.

Anyone have information to share on getting these functions up and running?

Nice score, but that was bidding right, so luck of the draw.
Where are you buying your current breakers from, and why are they fast blow, shouldnt they be slow blow?
I am looking for a 100A and a 150A either breaker or fuse, I guess breakers dont come in different blow speeds.
Sunwin looks good, I like their 1500W and 2000W controllers, are they programmable for different LVC?

Anyone know if the 1500w veriosn has more FETs than 500w version?
They are the same length, so if they have same number of FETs, why to buy more expensive one if they have same capabilities when moded.

I have the Sunwin 48v 1500w 18fet, picked up for $22 plus shipping. Out of the box it handles my 50v/50A pack with ease and frequently shows over 45A peak. That's without any shunt mod.
So it appears these controllers are grossly underrated.
My question is how to raise it's ability to handle higher voltage. The caps are only 60v, so i'll need to replace them. i assume the three 1/2w resistors are to drop the voltage down for the onboard voltage regulator and i'll need to replace them. but what else needs modded? How do i change the LVC? Does anyone have a complete schematic or reverse engineered these sunwin controllers?

I want to buy one, where did you buy yours from?

Yeah thats the key, below as SamD said, we need pictures.

So from what I can tell, this controller is programmable?
I got a programming cable from Lyen, would that work?

I just want a cheap controller I can f-around with. Beef up traces, play with shunts and so forth.

Any chance of a photo of the underside? Are the traces beefed?

Thats easy to bypass, though I have not tried that method yet to see how much more money it is.
My situation is, Amazon.com dont ship to canada, they got cheaper products and more selection. Same with Walmart.com and other websites.

dekes1 said:
I have the Sunwin 48v 1500w 18fet, picked up for $22 plus shipping. Out of the box it handles my 50v/50A pack with ease and frequently shows over 45A peak. That's without any shunt mod.
So it appears these controllers are grossly underrated.
My question is how to raise it's ability to handle higher voltage. The caps are only 60v, so i'll need to replace them. i assume the three 1/2w resistors are to drop the voltage down for the onboard voltage regulator and i'll need to replace them. but what else needs modded? How do i change the LVC? Does anyone have a complete schematic or reverse engineered these sunwin controllers?

What are the mosfets capable of, are they the same as the other models (60 volt 500 watt??? has EZ8590 K 447)

Sam, have not removed board from enclosure, so only looking in from end, no built up traces on mine.

Here's some pictures of the controller. Believe it or not, the main traces have been doubled up with copper cladding right from the factory. The underside soldering is messy, but nice and thick. The top side is a nice layout with white solder mask.
IMG_0619.JPG
View attachment 4
IMG_0613.JPG
IMG_0611.JPG
IMG_0609.JPG
IMG_0606.JPG

The mosfets are a chinese brand im not familiar with - Silkron SSF7508. The spec sheets says 75v up to 100A

Back