Phase and hall connection with throttle problem

Anakin

1 mW
When connecting my ku36 sine wave motor to my 1500w Bldc boma. My throttle cuts out but works when I twist throttle again but cuts out again this will repeat as much as I twist throttle any insight n help is appreciated

There are a few possible causes.

One could be the battery is dropping out under load. It is sort of challenging to measure the battery voltage while riding though. Do you have another battery to try?

The controller might be seeing a short or mis-wire and cutting off to prevent damage. Some controllers have a LED that blinks an error code when a fault is detected. The LED may not be visible from the outside.

You could try lifting the wheel off the ground and give throttle and see if it still cuts off with no load.

What's a KU36? There's a KU63, but it isn't sine wave. Please give more details of your controller and battery.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Black-36V-1200W-Brushless-DC-Sine-Wave-Controller-48V-1500W-ebike-controller-Regenerative-Function/32333156665.html?tracelog=ae-app-ios-sharefor-shkmail

This is happening under no load at all motor is hooked up to controller only

I'm measuring amps as I accelerate it doesn't seem to matter the current drawn whether it's 3 amps or at 10amps it's cuts of at bout 4-5secs

These controlers are designed to work with a LCD. We've had several instances on this forum where people tried to run without the LCD, but they encountered problems with speed limits and power because without the LCD, you can't adjust the settings.

There's one thing that worries me. You called it a KU36, which implies 36v, yet you have a 48bv battery! The LCD would show an error code if something was wrong, like wrong voltage battery. Do you have the LCD?

Anakin said:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Black-36V-1200W-Brushless-DC-Sine-Wave-Controller-48V-1500W-ebike-controller-Regenerative-Function/32333156665.html?tracelog=ae-app-ios-sharefor-shkmail

This is happening under no load at all motor is hooked up to controller only

That controller looks a lot like the S12S offered by BMSBattery. Coincidentally Docnjoj has a similar problem with the S12S;

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70523

-R

It's also compatible at 48v according to advertise. I do have lcd. I did test with a different motor same specs when phase wires connected with diff combo it worked but seem to be slow. Given all phase wires are correctly hooked up both motors shld produce same results right? So how does 1 identify a faulty motor

Yes the last S12s was a problem. I am running KU63/65 with the Cute100H and it goes fine. No problems except for a Hall wire backing out, which was easy to diagnose and fix. One of these days I will try the S12S again. Oh yes, voltage is 44 nominal, 48 hot.
otherDoc

Did you set parameter P1 in the LCD to the correct value for your motor? If not, it seems that you get incorrect timing, which causes rough or slow running and probably other problems.

I had no idea that I had to sit in the parameters to p1 nor do I know how to do it. I will try to do research now on how to but if anyone knows how to I be very grateful

Back