ADAPTTO Controllers - new functions discussion

Dear friends,

We are presently revising user interface and functionality of our devices.
Therefore we'd like to welcome you to post any suggestions you'd want us to incorporate in the upcoming system upgrades.

Trully yours,
Adaptto team

Thanks guys. The main thing for me is to have a controller that I can lock to what ever voltage that's what I want. Currently it needs a password. I'm not sure what the solution is but it needs to be tamper proof from when I start commuting and if I am pulled up by police they carnt override it.'

The ability to quickly switch between a 100% charge and 80% charge and fast and regular speed charging in the
charge screen, please. But I'd prefer the DC-DC converter for lights first

My main issue is riding a bike that's not legal. And my wife knows this.

So when commuting I'd like a function that can not be changed for so many hours. Or perhaps a memory card that can be used in a court of law.

My wife works for a law firm so I'm .....d.

charging profiles!! it'd be great to have a profile for 'at work' - that might have a small 24v 3a power supply (for example) and a 'at home' where i might have a 54v 20a power supply, so that the limits dont need to be set every time.
great that youre getting feedback!

edit
pulse charging would be great too - ill link to some studies if i can find 'em again but it seems pulse charging is very beneficial for cycle life vs CC CV.

Rodney64 said:
Thanks guys. The main thing for me is to have a controller that I can lock to what ever voltage that's what I want. Currently it needs a password. I'm not sure what the solution is but it needs to be tamper proof from when I start commuting and if I am pulled up by police they carnt override it.'

I dont have addapto yet 8) but i think locking the ecomode (with password or similar) for future problems with police would be great.

Choosing the names of the 3 modes could be great also :D

LARGE FONT DISPLAY OPTION

w/o my reading glasses i can't read anything on the screen while riding... :roll:

you'll obviously have to choose what to include in a large view and what not to show but anything would be better than nothing! :wink:

In the past there were standard bikes being converted into e-bikes. And Lipo cells. Now there are ebike frames and move the direction of more safe chemistry.
Next: getting legal... Police / Legal proof yes but still... with a magic trick to unlock! :)
What sucks is how hard it is to get legal. More efford should be done from both sides. Change legislation on one side. And the attitude on the other side.

Maybe a phone app interface? Would make configuration and locking easier. It could also integrate buttons for lights, horn, etc. also nice to save some statistics or any crazy stuff we imagine, like setting a destination and having auto power management, considering altitude changes.

Maybe a tracker connected to the CAN bus, so you can locate your bike and lock it. It would also be possible to start/stop charge remotely...

Probably too crazy for tomorrow, but maybe sometime.

I would like to see the adaptto as the e-bike mastermind. The hub of everything. Could be done by ie canbus.It could allow for various extensions I/O to hook up everything from rear view camera and blind spot detection to adding tracking devices or turn signals, brake lights etc.And an API to let the public make all kinds of cool and crazy apps. I also think there should be an option to hook up either your smart phone or a tablet rather then using the adaptto screen. With a tablet/smartphone each of us could dial in everything from font size to custom UI for collected data.

Even though you got FOC it would also be cool to have the option to go with higher voltage. I imagine FOC would work for 28s or even 30s just as well as it does for 20s :twisted: Like a new line of Adaptto Rag-e controller. For even more voltage and current. For the insane people who never get enough power. Or if that is not feasible, maybe an Adaptto controller with even more E-RPM's. To make adaptto rule the RC motors as well. I would love to see what kind of crazy power one could get from a Astro 3230 (yes 3230) with an adaptto :twisted:

I think the most important feature I would like to see if I could only wish for one thing would be an API - the get a true community driven development of non-crucial features. All kinds of fun and cool apps would show up, and Adaptto could focus solely on the primary core functions of the controller.

GCinDC said:
LARGE FONT DISPLAY OPTION

w/o my reading glasses i can't read anything on the screen while riding... :roll:
1) DC-DC Converter..... It's long past due from a talented group of engineers like you've assembled at Adaptto!!
2) ^^^^I find myself riding with readers on also^^^^ Either large font option or Bluetooth integration with phone would be great! Ability to play music stored on phone to speakers powered by DC-DC converter through a Bluetooth connection would make you KINGS in my book!!!
3) An App would be cool, every businessman knows when you have an App for it, SALES automatically increase! You're Engineers...Enough said!
4) Oh Yeah, make it Dig Harder and Go Faster! You built the damn cuntraption, you figure it out......... lol

SDog

I don't have an adaptto but will In future and forgive me if u already have this but would like ability to export the data and sync it to a video. Would work like ca-logger for cycle analyst.

Excellent new Adaptto team!

Ok here are my suggestions:

1: having a clock
2: calculating 0-60ft, 1/4 mile. 1/8 mile 0-100kmh and all these kind of INTERESTING racing data that a 12kW e-biker like to have!.
3: 20+W dc-dc or having a isolated N-O output that close when the adaptto is ON.. ex: to switch ON or OFF an external Dc-dc
4: Various profile of phase current curve at various rpm
5: Bluetooth communication with a datalogging apps for cellphone
6: protection that overide the phase current setting to protect controller ex: to keep the voltage safety margin relative to the realtime batt voltage to keep 10V margin (overshoot) per 100A phase measured current.. this way, when the battery voltage drop, the phase current could crank a bit higher automaticly to let more torque due to the higher voltage margin...
7: real time phase current bargraph

Doc

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE: - A fingerprint-Scanner for locking the bike with your finger would be nice.
- A fingerprint-Scanner for SWITCHING SPEEDMODES. So when you get pulled over by the cops, you just have to
put the finger on such a fingerprint-scanner and the speed-modis get changed / locked. :mrgreen:

Also: -An ABS system while regernerative breaking that when you break really hard, your motor is regenerating power just that much that the backwheel isn´t stopping/ sliding on the ground. So the motor is like " regenerative braking 50 % ok Wheel is still moving. Tryieng regenerative braking 60 % - ok Wheel is still moving. Trying harder regenerative breaking 70 % - ok Wheel isn´t moving anymore, getting down with braking power." - This is like this one mode you allredy have for driving on ice and so one...

-Love your work guys!

-Elias :)

ability to use regen after charging to set max voltage, without going into display and changing the settings.

at the moment, if i charge to 4.1v/cell, i need re-set after charging to 4.2v to use regen.

+1 for bluetooth and larger font selections / options.
If you're designing a new case or it's easy enough to add a button (or even an external switch/button) I'd like to see a user programmable button, like a hot key, or a macro if you like. Similar to the CA Aux input that can be programmed to switch or vary a programmed parameter. This could be a good way to implement the legal mode so many of us need/want. A simple 2 pin switch but terminal it how ever you please - 3rd party finger print scanner, RFID tag etc.

OR, further to the legal mode, and on the topic of the bluetooth option, what about a full power toggle mode that is only activated when paired with a designated bluetooth device ?
I can't imagine many people these days wouldn't have a bluetooth capable phone, just set it that when the programmed phone is within range it unlocks full power. When you're not present it reverts to 250w mode, or what ever you choose. Like a police / valet / girlfriend/wife mode.

Suspect that the hardware part is allready done... and think he is asking for sofware extras :mrgreen:

After using and installing over 12 adaptto controllers, and geting over 15 feedback from clients, here is

My wish list:

1.removable display, like bosch system do, to be able to lock the bike and don't worry that somebody coult steal or damage it over night.

2. use 8awg wires for phase wires on max.

3. clock

4. normal usb, to be able to get 5v 2A to charge phone or tablet, now it is less then 1A and you can't ride and charge ((

5. stronger holding system for display at handlebar, not from plastic! Now it is like if you fall one time - you need new display ((

6. dc-dc for lights.

7. case for bms! it should be protected from physical damage, or in perfect world has to have radiator for heat dissipation while balancing!

8. external switch for modes, similar to what bosh did. Sometimes on rough terrain you need to hold handlebar with both hands! And now there is no other option then to stop to switch it to another one, this is annoing!

9. I am ready to add 100$ to have screen in color and with gps navigation! I am ready to add even 200$ for this option! Really have to use my phone all the time (
9.1 GPS security system. If the bike is stolen, you can find it and get it back. Come on, our bikes cost over $ 6000!! We need it!

10. some conectors at the on/off switch!

11. I would add 1-2 modes. very often I feel like I need something in between normal and boost. So 5 modes in total would solve this problem. Btw, bosch mid drive system has 5 I think..

Thank you,

Regards.

Artur said:
After using and installing over 12 adaptto controllers, and geting over 15 feedback from clients, here is

My wish list:

1.removable display, like bosch system do, to be able to lock the bike and don't worry that somebody coult steal or damage it over night.

2. use 8awg wires for phase wires on max.

3. clock

4. normal usb, to be able to get 5v 2A to charge phone or tablet, now it is less then 1A and you can't ride and charge ((

5. stronger holding system for display at handlebar, not from plastic! Now it is like if you fall one time - you need new display ((

6. dc-dc for lights.

7. case for bms! it should be protected from physical damage, or in perfect world has to have radiator for heat dissipation while balancing!

8. external switch for modes, similar to what bosh did. Sometimes on rough terrain you need to hold handlebar with both hands! And now there is no other option then to stop to switch it to another one, this is annoing!

9. I am ready to add 100$ to have screen in color and with gps navigation! I am ready to add even 200$ for this option! Really have to use my phone all the time (
9.1 GPS security system. If the bike is stolen, you can find it and get it back. Come on, our bikes cost over $ 6000!! We need it!

10. some conectors at the on/off switch!

11. I would add 1-2 modes. very often I feel like I need something in between normal and boost. So 5 modes in total would solve this problem. Btw, bosch mid drive system has 5 I think..

Thank you,

Regards.

Excellent recommandations Arthur !!

You guys do realize the law is vague, Justin says you need specific RPM for continous wattage. There is no one point for cont. wattage.
I say do not lock the thing, adappto is isolated legally because they are selling parts, not a complete system.

I wonder if you could do all the things Artur put on his list, except from the color screen/gps navigation if you make a screen output so we can connect our phones or tablets to the controller. You could take the savings from dumping the display and find some extravaganza hardware to put inside the controller, and sell controller without any screen and it would still be worth another 100 $ just to be able to use any screen/phone to take use of the gps/sensors/maps/and collect data from controller to display them onscreen in a nice GUI. Now take that extra 100$ + whatever you save on the v1 screen and put in even more extravaganza hardware :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Screen or no screen could be an option also, but that means you must have a way to connect another display like tablet or phone.

Heck do this and find either an existing phone/tablet holder/mounting hardware or make it yourself and sell that mounting hardware for phones as well.

Finding av way to use our phones and tablets for the controller would really take it to the next level.

Removable display or using app to view the display would be my wish too.

I live in area with frequent damage to bikes (london uk) and one of key reason i didn't buy it is risk of damage and thieves.

better quality construction of display, particularly cabling exit from display, often splits. will post pics shortly :D

Bluetooth controller with removable Bluetooth display and phone app, so you can leave the display @ home

Back