bionx g2 bench testing

yumseyo

10 mW
Hi all, I am new to ebikes and I just bought a used Bionx SL350 48 v kit on a Dahon Folding bike. It was missing the controller and had a rear wheel out of true. I have since installed a new controller and went ahead to disassemble the bike for cleaning and rebuilding. I am in process of testing the Bionx system. I have installed the rear wheel on my truing stand, trued it and have hooked up the battery, controller, and throttle. It powers up fine, all the control buttons work on the controller. I can spin the wheel, then press the throttle to get the motor running. What I encounter is the motor gets itself to 22-25 km/h then shuts down as it slows down, then turns on again to get to 22-25 km/h. One dealer mentioned that it sounds normal for the motor. Can anyone sound to confirm ? Thanks in advance !

Are you located in the SF Bay Area? There was a report of a folding bike with a BionX kit stolen last month.

Link is dead:

STOLEN: Orange Dahon Speed D7 With Bionx Motor
sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/5200530551.htmlCraigslist Inc.
Sep 1, 2015 - STOLEN: Orange Dahon Speed D7 With Bionx Motor - $300 (north beach / telegraph hill). < >. image 1 image 2. © craigslist - Map data © ... Orange Dahon Speed D7 With Bionx Motor Bike was stolen a short while ago.

Nope, that is not the one I bought. I saw that ad. I bought a white dahon mu p8 that had broke pedals and was missing the controller.... I got a receipt too. Can you advise me?

The BionX systems will restrict their speed to the legal maximum of 20mph (32km/h) unless modified, so... yeah, that sounds about right.

Well, I just got my wheel back from modification. Speed goes up to 25 mph now.... :( I thought I could get more, but the assist restriction has been disabled so I should be able to get it into a higher gear and assist the bike faster...I hope..

Back