Controller the throttle help needed with colors!

beoutside

10 W
My Mundo 48 V build has been running great so I decided to put together a better battery box and separate controller plate to add security and better cooling effect.
In my final moments of this move I managed to cut off the connectors and upon removing the e-tape also found colors that didn't match up . I should have noted the color coding upon first putting this bike together... lesson learned. The controller and throttle came used and together with the hub motor and have all worked fine.
Any help would be appreciated !
My throttle has six/five wires from what I can tell the two different colored green ( may be one brown one green) or one dark one light green ... were joined as one wire , then there is a yellow, a white, a black and a red all from the throttle .... I assumed the black and red were for the turn on /off push button on the throttle and the white, yellow, two joined greens were for the battery levels. The controller has 5 wires set aside from other functions that are three red one black one blue ? In the group on five there is a red and black as two wires to the side then the other three then a red a blue and a black.... this lines up with the colors on the controller end 3 pin plug.
I am fairly sure of this but you never know. I have pics I can email anyone taking pity on me thanks !!

Pics below of wires from controller and wires from throttle , Thanks !!

Attachments

• email size pic of throttle wires.P9280008.jpg
    email size pic of throttle wires.P9280008.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 478
  • email size controller wire colors set for throttle from controller.P9280007.jpg
    email size controller wire colors set for throttle from controller.P9280007.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 478
The red is 5v, the black is ground and the white is the throttle signal. The green one is for the LEDs (battery voltage) and the yellow and brown for the switch.

Assuming that your controller has an ignition wire or pair, one of the yellow or brown ones goes to the live (battery voltage) and the yellow goes to the return that powers the controller. If you pair the green to the controller ide of the switch, the LEDs will come on when you switch the controller on. If you connect to the battery side, they'll be on all the time the battery is switched on.

The ignition wire on the controller is normally red, but you have to be very careful because there's also red wires for 5v. If you connect battery voltage to one of the 5v ones, you'll wipe out your controller and your throttle. If the ignition wires are a pair, they're often red and orange or red and blue, but I've seen lots of colours. The only sure way to know is to open the controller to see where they go. .

I've not sen a throttle before with two reds. Could you show a photo of the throttle itself.

BTW, your last photos have been pasted as thumbnails instead of the full photos, so it's difficult to see them.

Thanks ! With what you explained and getting some info from the controller manufacture I got everything straightened out. I'm not used to colors not going to colors so it's good to learn it's important to understand what those wires do and why. Appreciate your time .
Donny

Back