ENDUROEBIKE.COM

Hi all,

New to the ebike world, i am a technical engineer, i live in london uk. looking for a daily commuter (about 15-20 mile round trip) and mainly some use on the weekends through the woods. So an Enduro style bike is what I'm after. i like the look.

i have seen the crazy priced stealth bomber, the vector, and one from russia which i can't get any details on.

You guys obviously know your stuff, is the enduro ebike any good ? i have been in contact with them and i'm about to bite the bullet on 2 (one for a friend)

have been quoted $4290 with shipping for 2 x 500w complete models less battery (don't want cheap chinese battery) and not including cycle analyst or speed controller (apparently they can't import them anymore, i need to source myself)

Email From Enduroebike.com
Please see spec below

Dear , this price including everthing of the enduroebike expect the controller , display , battery and charger . please check the specs :

Description:
1. Frame: Full suspension and steel material
2. Wheel: 19" wheel.
3. Rim: Aluminum alloy wall, rim color: black or white color
4. stem : Vp stem
5. Spokes: front wheel:13ga spokes, rear motor wheel: 12ga spokes - black
6. Brakes: SRAM BB7 electric disc brakes 203mm
7. Gears: Shimano 7 speed
8. Headset: VP headset
9. Pedal: CNC pedals 42T
10. Chain: KMC brand High strength rust resistant chain
11. Saddle: Selle Royal saddle
12. Motor: 72v 5000w rear motor.
13. Tires : 19" x 2.5 tires
14. Shimano 7-speed shifter
15. shimano Derailleur
16. Headset: SRAM headset
17. Handerbar : SRAM handerbar
18. Max speed: 25-100 kmph
19. Range: Throttle only: 50-80 km
20. Colors : black or white
21. DNM USD-8 front fork
22. DNM RCP-3 rear shock
23. MAX Load capacity: 300 Kg
24. weight 38kgs

dear , as you see , our 5000w enduroebike using DNM front fork and rear shock , KMC chain . CNC pedals , SRAM headset , SRAM handerbar and SRAM BB7 electric disc brakes 203mm , Each parts are with are with top quality .

i can't find anything about this bike, apart from roadrash's build, but that was only the frame.

Thoughts peeps ??

kinda doubt many ppl on here have one of these ebikes (yet?) ..
but they have a phasebook page as well..
Electric enduro bike : https://www.facebook.com/groups/483837195128702/

great! thanks for the Facebook link. can't believe i couldn't find that. theres lots of better pictures on there.

I just worry about the quality of the 5000w motor ? its a lot of money to cough up for a piece of chinese junk to arrive.

But i must say from the pics and spec it looks very good.

the products look interesting ..
but to test a new vendor i would probably not order too much at once..
maybe just a frame, etc..
if everything arrives in good condition etc then you can always order more (if reliable)..
you could always source the motor or a better motor elsewhere on here..

quadfather said:
great! thanks for the Facebook link. can't believe i couldn't find that. theres lots of better pictures on there.

I just worry about the quality of the 5000w motor ? its a lot of money to cough up for a piece of chinese junk to arrive.

But i must say from the pics and spec it looks very good.

i know, i think I'm just going to bite the bullet. my friend buying one swell actually helps on the price and the shipping.

going to take the plunge and order it.

as for batteries I'm thinking 5000mah 5s 20c packs 6 x 4 ?

be sure to inquire from the seller how the items will be shipped, possible customs, or import duties, etc..
probably don't want to get into the import/ export business.. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70616

quadfather said:
i know, i think I'm just going to bite the bullet. my friend buying one swell actually helps on the price and the shipping.

going to take the plunge and order it.

as for batteries I'm thinking 5000mah 5s 20c packs 6 x 4 ?

I agree, be cautious more than anxious. Imo, you could likely make a much nicer build diy, for less money. As a firsttimer, maybe don't plan to save much money, but get alot of experience which will help to use/maintenance/upkeep.

I did my first diy this year, and just grabbed a purpose built frame for another in the future. Eastgem on aliexpress also has frames and whole bikes.
Imo I'd get just a frame and try to source the electronics (including hub) from the most reliable(1) economical(2) local(3) place. A retired ebay or local DH bike could offer all or most of the other bike parts at a good value.

That said, that's me, and if you have some semblance of buyer protection with endurobike, they're likely to come thru for you as advertised. Add up the component prices as a fun exercise before buying? Really its just a naked bike with a hub, yes? Price seems reasonable, but a little steep for a diy'er?
You're doing all the ebike diy anyway if you have to supply controller/battery/computer anyway?

On battery: 6x4 5s lipo for the battery? 20s 6p is huge isn't it? I run 20s2p 5800mah for 1-3mi/ah on a ~70lb 6kw build. more than 2p is alot of range, but also alot of lipo.
imo large packs are best suited for can-cell bms'd storebought batteries. The main benefits of lipo are just the highest draw in the smallest/cheapest package.

Curious to see how you make-out. Goodluck and welcome to the ebike world!

Thanks for the advice. and its nice to see that you understand my conundrum.

As for a build, its definitely something id like to do in the future after getting used to this one.

I have had some more info from china today which could either be a deal breaker or sinker dependant on what you guys think.

I have been quoted $3000 dollars per bike if they include a battery (72v 20ah lifep04 battery)

2 concerns. is this battery any good ? ive had bad experiences with chinese cells

what is a life-po ? im very familiar with li-po and li-ion. does the fact there lifepo batterys make up for the fact that they are chinese cells ?

i think that the spec for $3475 (with all cycle analyst parts included) delivered to me is very reasonable ? £2300

Yeah, thats where i found them on alibaba.

ive since found this youtube video aswell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7WHTVwGZaA

Looks good to me, im biting the bullet and ordering. i'm going to make videos on it arriving on my youtube channel. and putting it all together, testing, updates etc.

any last wise words or is everyone behind me ? this could be very good for the western ebike world. i think a well priced alternative to the stealth bomber / enduro style ebikes will be in huge demand.

wish me luck

You won't be able to use that bike for commuting to London. I'd say about one or two weeks before the Police take it off you and crush it. I think you need to make another plan with something that looks a bit more like an electrically assisted pedal cycle.

d8veh said:
You won't be able to use that bike for commuting to London. I'd say about one or two weeks before the Police take it off you and crush it. I think you need to make another plan with something that looks a bit more like an electrically assisted pedal cycle.

im more greater London, but i am going to obviously have it restricted to 250w for road use :D

It's a complete waste of time restricting it to 250w, not only would it be like a wet blanket, but it would still be just as illegal. The regulation is on the motor, not the power. You cannot use a motor rated at more than 250w regardless of how much power you put through it.

There's lots of people using bikes with motors up to 1000w around London, but at least their conversions still look like bicycles. The police don't seem to bother as long as you don't make it to obvious, but that thing that you're planning looks like a motorcycle with no number plate. You'll stand out like a sore thumb.

d8veh said:
It's a complete waste of time restricting it to 250w, not only would it be like a wet blanket, but it would still be just as illegal. The regulation is on the motor, not the power. You cannot use a motor rated at more than 250w regardless of how much power you put through it.
who rates a motor? you can "rate" any motor as you like. if it's what your police takes care of, add a 250W sticker on the motor and you're done.

im not going to be doing much commuting at all tbh. its 5 miles there, 5 back and on country roads. i even have the woods i can take on sunny days so i dont get muddy.

i have no problems resticting to 250w on the road. i dont want to get in any trouble. wet blanket or not lol. atleast with 250w and my 72v 20ah battery ill get some serious miles in a charge. can i use cycle analyst to restrict to 250w ?

i will be using this on weekends to mainly wheelie and kick dirt out in the woods, tracks.

they have said that it comes complete apart from cycle analyst and controller. i have asked if charger is included. but the translation is not brilliant. my question is, how will i charge this bike ? i presume there will be some kind of bms ? balance system ? or is this built in the controller ? i have no clue, but i presume i'm not going to have to balance each cell as thats a lot of wires. Any ideas ?

Roadrash ....... where are you ?? lol

anything inline or can be switched to restrict power power is illegal in the uk,, as someone has already said just don't get caught, make the bike look as much like a normal bicycle and you will be fine, and don't go flying pass a copper that can catch you up and stop you. stick a official looking 200W sticker on the motor just in case.

looks like roadrash is selling his complete bike..
its pretty nice and in your price range..
that could definitely save you time, money, etc
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=73111

quadfather said:
im not going to be doing much commuting at all tbh. its 5 miles there, 5 back and on country roads. i even have the woods i can take on sunny days so i dont get muddy.

i have no problems resticting to 250w on the road. i dont want to get in any trouble. wet blanket or not lol. atleast with 250w and my 72v 20ah battery ill get some serious miles in a charge. can i use cycle analyst to restrict to 250w ?

i will be using this on weekends to mainly wheelie and kick dirt out in the woods, tracks.

they have said that it comes complete apart from cycle analyst and controller. i have asked if charger is included. but the translation is not brilliant. my question is, how will i charge this bike ? i presume there will be some kind of bms ? balance system ? or is this built in the controller ? i have no clue, but i presume i'm not going to have to balance each cell as thats a lot of wires. Any ideas ?

Roadrash ....... where are you ?? lol

gwhy! said:
anything inline or can be switched to restrict power power is illegal in the uk
i guess that's illegal in almost every country. if you can remove the restriction simply by flipping a switch it's like the restriction isn't there. that's why i prefer the v3. cops would need to know how to switch through profiles ...

izeman said:
i guess that's illegal in almost every country.

Nah, just countries where prejudiced pedalists got to write the laws related to ebikes. Those countries typically have too many laws and too many police with nothing better to do than hassle normal citizens, and police departments become part of a source of government revenue instead of simply protecting and serving the public.

John in CR said:
izeman said:
i guess that's illegal in almost every country.

Nah, just countries where prejudiced pedalists got to write the laws related to ebikes. Those countries typically have too many laws and too many police with nothing better to do than hassle normal citizens, and police departments become part of a source of government revenue instead of simply protecting and serving the public.
that was not bike related. it's like ecu tuning of your car. if you can activate/deactivate with a switch it's illegal to use the car on a public road - which make sense. but maybe i'm thinking too much european ..

+1 JohnCR. Very true, and it's such a shame. Maybe it's all our fault, but I think that's just what we're supposed to think. It's all setup from the start for a pretty downward spiral with displaced blame imo.
I hate that it looks so pessimistic to me but the silver lining/ upside just had to shift. Don't ask me what that is- still trying to figure it out :|

Izeman, I was thinking how the ebike laws pertain to cars another way (because emissions have nothing to do with 'e' in use). We have speed limits, not ratings on motors for restrictions. If I want 400hp in my civic I can have it.
power.jpg
Okay :D well this one probably isn't road legal everywhere (or intended to be anywhere). .(but you get the idea
A setting would be more logical, and just adopting the motor vehicle statutes for all bikes (already the case anyway me thinks) would be moreso. No 'crimes' that are victimless would be paramount- but there I go sounding like a nut again :lol:

Back