Sensorless Cromotor

Gow864

100 W
G'Day, My old Cromotor doesn't like it's hall sensors anymore :( anyone know of a sensorless that can drive a cromotor??

Thanks,
Gow.

Guys with big powerful motors should learn to replace hall sensors, and melty wires in the axles. It's sort of one of those when not if kind of things. I'm assuming you don't putt around on it, but rather ride the hell out of it. :twisted:

But a backup controller, perhaps lower power, that runs sensored or sensorless can be a good thing to have around! Grins for example.

dogman dan said:
Guys with big powerful motors should learn to replace hall sensors, and melty wires in the axles.

Had this motor for years, I've changed the halls twice, but the reality is that this motor has had sync issues since the get go. Just over it :)

Have you also changed the wiring to the halls, or the connector? Cuz maybe the issues are caused by a wiring problem (something intermittently shorting, etc., possibly damaging the halls over time).

Or the controller itself might be doing it or having a problem....

I've got an early v1 Cro that I run on a Cell man (EM3EV.com) sensorless 12 fet. I've run it 14s lipo at 70 battery amps.

Performance is great, it will stutter slightly from zero, but just have to roll the bike a couple mm and it syncs perfectly and never losses synch once moving.

Loads of torque to climb just about any hill you point it at.

Back