250-350W rear hub motor advice?

drebikes

100 W
The title pretty much says it all, I need a motor for an ebike. It should be a small one in the max 350W on 24V (or 36V but will be used on 24). If possible I'd like to have it below 150$/€; if money were no object I could just get the Mac from Paul @em3ev for 250€.

What do you think, is it possible to have any better for the money or cheaper than Paul's Mac?

this is a very strong high quality one, the price fit your requirements

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/36V-48V-250W-High-Speed-Brushless-Gear-Hub-Motor-E-bike-Motor-Rear-Wheel-Drive-MXUS/738588_1880934447.html

Many thanks Nobuo, looks nice. Bonus question if you know, can I buy spare gear parts in case the original ones wear down? :roll:

Very good question, you shouldn't care too much with mxus gears, they are more strong than others, if you don't put it more than 500W continuous 1000W peaks you won't damage them. In the case they would wear I don't know if you can buy them separately, but probably won't worth the price, I hope anyone has an answer for that, I have 3 of them :roll:

Ok, other question - do you have any information about the winding of the motor in the link? TBH I need the motor to have lots of torque, speed is unimportant (20kph is quite OK)

Yes they have different windings options. Are not shown in the serial numbers, they put a stick to indicate 36V / 48V and 20" to 29" wheel, depending of that sticks are made the winding options. Ask the supplier about how much speed do you want at full throttle at a given voltage. EG: "I need 20kph at full throttle at 48V and 26", so I need a high torque motor" I think with that they will understand your requirements. (unfortunately they don't use winding codes as long as I know asking them)

Back