500W MAC with 9FET infineon works intermittently

gurshark

10 mW
I bought an 500W MAC/9 FET IRFB4110 INFINEON CONTROLLER ebike kit from cell_man a few years ago. Last night the bike started to act strange. When light throttle applied, the motor makes a high pitched whine and doesn't start. If I try repeatedly, it will sometimes engage, but stop very quickly, while the throttle is still engaged. The wheel continues to spin, but the amp draw drops to zero and the motor is no longer engaged. Sometimes it will make a low grr grr sound, and not engage. When I was going down a large hill fast, I was able to apply throttle and keep the motor engaged. Any ideas on how to start to troubleshoot this issue? When I jam the throttle, it works for a sec or two. When I apply very little throttle, it makes the whine. I tried a brand new throttle with same results.

I was riding in heavy rain before this happened. I rode to a party, had a drink, came out, and the bike was acting like this. I have all the connections to the infineon controller covered in old bike tubes, so no water gets in there. Perhaps the motor itself took on water? Help! I already miss my ebike.

My first guess is the infineon controller has crapped out. How would I diagnose this? I do have the usb connector for programming the infineon. The battery is a Ping 48V.

thanks for the reply. how do i diagnose broken hall sensors? also, repair them?

Back