lyen mk2 settings

Hey all, sorry, its probably already answered but i cant find it, i have just received my usb lead to reprogram my lyen 18fet controller.

is there anyway to get my existing settings off my controller as its set up now ?

i don't want to start messing around untill i have them..

also how do i know which 18fet controller i have ? there is 184110, 184110sl and 184115 ??

help please, i wont sleep till this is programmed lol

You won’t be able to pull current settings off your controller into the software. At least I’m unaware about how to do it but I don't think it's possible?

You can ask Edward for basic settings file, load and start there but it’s really not too hard to wrap your head around what’s doing what.

The main thing about compatibility is to select the right board version from a drop down menu. May be found on the side of the PCB if you open the controller? Or ask Edward.

Oh, and the board version may also affect how the program button is wired as current cables may not be compatible with older controllers.

There is no way to read the eprom on the controller, so you'll never get the info from that source. Lyen programs his controllers, so you can ask him if he knows what specs he put into the controller you have when he programmed it.

184110 is the 18 FET with 4110 FETs, I have no idea what the sl stands for, and the 184115 uses the high voltage 4115 FETs. It should say on the little white label he puts on the controller, otherwise, which one did you order?

ok, im impatient. i have reprogrammed it, its now pulling HARD! up to 7000 watts. speed switch 1 and 2 are fine. switch 3 has a bit of a pulsing at low speed which seems to dissapear when i get over 20mph ish. any ideas what that could be ?

i think it could be to do with me adjusting switch 3 speed to 115 from 100 ?

sussed it! the cycle analyst was set to cut-off at 69v (i have a 72v nominal lifepo4) so the ca was cutting the power in and out under such a huge draw.

The thing almost flipped me off the back!

you need to be careful and think about the settings you have chosen, a 18fet will only be reliable upto around 225A and this dont matter what current the fets are rated at .. this 225A also comes into play with the phase current limit ... so if you have followed the rule of thumb guides i.e battery current x 2.5 = phase current, the max reliable battery current should be set to no more than around 90A.. these settings are for only idea conditions, temperatures, load on the motor, this is also not de-rating the fets in anyway because of differences in Rds values ect ... the over current delay setting in the controller should be turnt down to 0.0s, even more so if you have programmed the controller at the very edge of being reliable . Im not saying that things can not be pushed even harder but ... if you want it reliable then there are things to think about.

Edit: typo correction.

you need to be careful and think about the settings you have chosen, a 18fet will only be reliable upto around 225A and this dont matter what current the fets are rated at .. this 225A also comes into play with the phase current limit ... so if you have followed the rule of thumb guides i.e phase current x 2.5 = phase current the max reliable battery current should be set to no more than around 90A

Thanks pal! i agree but there is a big step on software for the rated current from 64amps to 99amps. there is nothing inbetween ? so how can i set it to 90 ?

i will take your advise and change the over-current to 0 seconds. i'm currently on 1 second.

The problem i have is the cycle analyst only goes up to 99a so its the cycle analyst causing a pulsing as its going over 99amps trying to hold it back.
i have made the shunt value higher and this removes this problem but obviously my readings are now wrong.

if i can change the rated current i would like to get it around the 80-90 amp mark but the software wont let me ?

quadfather said:
you need to be careful and think about the settings you have chosen, a 18fet will only be reliable upto around 225A and this dont matter what current the fets are rated at .. this 225A also comes into play with the phase current limit ... so if you have followed the rule of thumb guides i.e phase current x 2.5 = phase current the max reliable battery current should be set to no more than around 90A

Thanks pal! i agree but there is a big step on software for the rated current from 64amps to 99amps. there is nothing inbetween ? so how can i set it to 90 ?

i will take your advise and change the over-current to 0 seconds. i'm currently on 1 second.

The problem i have is the cycle analyst only goes up to 99a so its the cycle analyst causing a pulsing as its going over 99amps trying to hold it back.
i have made the shunt value higher and this removes this problem but obviously my readings are now wrong.

if i can change the rated current i would like to get it around the 80-90 amp mark but the software wont let me ?

You should use the xpd programmer instead of the lyen software , it gives much more adjust ability ( 2A steps ), there is also a lyen profile that you can use within the software, its a shame you modded the shunt before trying the xpd software .. the thread is here https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27927

the 2 programs on the same computer dont interfere with eachother so installing xpd will not effect the lyen software.

quadfather said:

All you had to do, was set the CA into "Hi kW" setting to be able to read over 99A.

Back