Need input on quad bike build

Wheazel

10 kW
I have plans to refine my tilting trike winter bike concept later this year and I am starting to put together the parts I need.
The bike will be a more comfortable tilting bike with cargobox, but instead of 3 wheels as my trike, I will go 4 wheels to keep the straight line trackcount down to 2.

The motor I will use is the Revolt 120pro I first had on my cargobike. Will probably get my hands on a samagaga diff aswell unless they cost too much.
Right now I have a noname controller (sold by Revolt) for my tilttrike together with an older Revolt 100. This one is a basic 40A controller.
I use a CAv3 and a shunt together with it. Problem is, it doesnt have any sensors, and the rv120pro has.

Since I am going to have the battery detachable from this bike, unlike the cargobike, I will not be going the Adaptto route for this project.
I like the CA and plan to keep it as is.

What would be sensible controller choices in this case? Anything 50A+ and 12s should do.
I guess I could get a controller with CA connection instead of using the shunt when I am at it.

The project will get a buildthread when its time.
I spend some time on the project now and then, and currently I am debating solutions to speedmatch human input to motor input on the differential shaft.
Also working on the overall design. Thanks for reading.

Thanks for the input I will read up on those. :)

Edit*
So the 18fet infeon from em3ev looks nice. Cheap, 60A capability and some extra functions.
How does this controller function towards the CA PAS. do I need to use a pas that connects directly to the controller?
Am I able to program PAS functionality for different speedprofiles with the grin tech pas I already have?

Been reading up more on the controllers among others and I stll lean towards the em3ev alternative.
But it is unclear to me what role the cycle analyst actually has in this case. The controller seem to have all the needed functions apart from a visible interface on the bike.
The pedal assist setup towards different rideprofiles isnt clear to me yet either.

The Xie Chang controller linked, needs some time to "mature" I think as all info isnt presented yet.

I am in no hurry, so I will keep a eye on what happens and decide later down the road.

After some more drawing on how to solve the drivetrain design of this bike, I am questioning using the RV120 pro altogether.

As a gearing mockup example:
gear%20mockup_zpsfdwmhhbf.jpg

There will be 20" wheels driving, and they need to rotate approx 600rpm to achieve a topspeed of 50-60km/h.
I dont want much more than 100rpm cadence at topspeed and top gear, and I also need to match the motor rpm on the diffshaft if I want to keep the setup simple.
I cant go to two stage gearing for the motor to diffshaft as that adds too much crap on the bike.

Therefor I need to have as much gearup from the chainring to the diffshaft as possible. A schlumpfdrive being too expensive to consider imo.
I know I can get a casette with 13t smallest sprocket on the samagaga, that with a ~50t crank chainring I will get up to 400rpm on the diffshaft from the pedaling.
The revolt will most likely be used at 12s to keep rpms down, but still lands around 2000rpm unloaded on 45V. I am guessing 1700rpm loaded, as it is a light load.

1700/400 means i need a 4,25:1 ratio between the revolt and the diffshaft. My idea is attaching a sprocket on the samagaga brakedisc interface. Brakes will be individual at the wheels.
Since it is complicated and noisy to get anything smaller than a 13T freewheel on the revolt shaft, the diffshaft sprocket becomes large at around 55teeth to match the diffshaft rpm.
Maybe I can use those cart chains that have closer links for alittle more compact installation. It would be nice to have more headroom on the pedalside to be able to use say a 44t cranksprocket.
But what about freewheels with cartchains? Is the only route a WI flanged heavy duty wheel and special adapter to the diffshaft then? Cause I cant get a small enough sprocket on it to use at the motor side I think.

The calcs show that it is possible to get this to work, but on the other hand I glance at stuff like a bbshd and see the hours saved from not having to tinker with the drivesystem.
That would also eliminate the controller selection part, but limit my options with the CA afaik.

On the other hand I own the rv120pro motor already and really like it. Silent operation is one of the most important aspects.
The revolt is pretty quiet, at least on sinewave and from vids of the bbshd it seems rather quiet too.
Any thoughts on the different alternatives here?

Done, but only on the first post.

To attach a sprocket to the samagaga I could probably use something like this:

http://www.atomiczombie.com/FDAX34 Trike Axle FreeWheel Adapter.aspx

But with a reversed threading and then mount an ACS southpaw(left side) freewheel.
Last summer when I built the cargobike and was fiddling with freewheels onto the revolt axle, I discovered that the bottom bracket inserts from my 90s mountainbike did match the freewheel thread.
(maybe this is still the case, the inch fine thread is a jungle I havent delved into much)
So I can most likely make a part out of that with the lathe and some welding to fit on the disc interface of the samagaga diff.

Still dont know much about 219 chain sprockets. Need to search more on that topic. As stated earlier I want to achieve a gearing greater than 4,25:1 from the motor to the diff.
And still keep the parts reasonably small.

Back