Bypassing the KT-LCD3 display

handbaked

100 W
Hi

Anyone know if it is possible to bypass the KT-LCD3 lcd display? What i would like to do is streamline the handlebars and not have a fixed lcd and just have all the readings i need via my phone on the cobox app/hardware.

The lcd obviously has the buttons attached for changing the PAS so would somehow still need control of that i guess unless there is a way of it always being left on full PAS.

any ideas?

Cheers.

Hi, in the German Pedelecs forum there's a thread about seting up an Arduino. The the Google translation works quite well in that thread. They include a software for an incredible multiple configuration which is translated to arduino language, so no need write and to input complex data. I do remember that the arduino work by itself or can bypass several lcd (including lcd3 if I remember right). I can't check now but when I'll arrive home I'll post the link.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgABCEHPNdA
And below the video is the pedelecs link.

Installing the program I can choose the "bms slcd3" which I guess is the same than KT-LCD3, this system should work for your controller.

You'll always need an Arduino, or LCD3, might not be a big deal for the stealthy looking you're chasing.

I have also just found out from bonnie at xiongda that the kt-lcd3 can be totally bypassed, unplugged and not used by jumping the red to blue cable and black to yellow cable on the kt controller.

BMS Battery claims that the SLCD-3 display can be deleted in the same manor. But when the pins are "jumped", the controller "locks" into a slow speed, #2 if I remember correctly.

motomech said:
BMS Battery claims that the SLCD-3 display can be deleted in the same manor. But when the pins are "jumped", the controller "locks" into a slow speed, #2 if I remember correctly.
Ah ok. I did wonder what happens to the PAS setting when bypassed.

I will have to give it a go and see what speed it puts the controller at.

Cheers

Ok, but it might be that you will want to think about going to the LCD-1 type and hiding it somewhere.

motomech said:
Ok, but it might be that you will want to think about going to the LCD-1 type and hiding it somewhere.

Yes. Thats my other option just simply hide it in the bag the controller is in. Knowing the pas setting will be the only difficulty. Manually counting i guess is the only option.

fesanand said:
Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgABCEHPNdA
And below the video is the pedelecs link.

Installing the program I can choose the "bms slcd3" which I guess is the same than KT-LCD3, this system should work for your controller.

You'll always need an Arduino, or LCD3, might not be a big deal for the stealthy looking you're chasing.
Only just had a chance to really start to grasp what this fancy gadget actually is! Its obviously a programmable arduino for doing all of the controls that a controller would normally undertake. However, what does this connect to? How do you wire it up. The forum feed didnt translate too well but am keen to understand it more!

Back