Kelly controller phase wire matching. "Help please"

Lowberry

10 mW
I'm trying to connect a kelly controller keb72451x to a MXUS 3000 hub. iv matched all the hall wire colors but not sure what color to attach to what phase A,B,or C :?

It has hall sensors so dose the phase wire have to be color matched to A B or C ? :oops: dose the controller figure it out? :shock:

I also did not get the usb adapter to computer cable so i need that or use an old PC. Can this be run un programmed out of the box?

any help would be greatly appreciated :| I just want to ride my rat bike 8)

You will need to try the possible combinations of phase wires until the wheel spins up smooth - and does not draw a lot of power under no-load. write down all the possible combo's and them cross them off as you go, until you find the one that works. When you have an incorrect setting you will know straight away - so stop, and do not twist the throttle again until you have a new combo.

controller will run out of the box, but you must set it up properly - so don't rush it.... plug it in and program it up.

ok thanks. I ordered the adapter for a laptop so i can program. . I just wondered if I could set up the phase wires and test it under no load without programming it first.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply's ... I know just enough to get my self in trouble with electronics. I've toasted modded generic controller a 18 fet infinion controller and two 9c hubs so far.... so im a bit paranoid about set up and power levels. this site has so many pages its very time consuming to try to read my way out of my issues. Gratitude!!!! :D

any one have some program perameters that my mxus3000 hub can handel at 20s/72 volts. I set the infinon way to high and smoked the motor and the controller :oops: :(

Hello,
I too am having problems. I now have the KEB72451X after the first unit I was sent bricked but not before it fried two sets of hall sensors. I connected the controller exactly as the schematic states, initially the controller would only cause the motor to move 1/32-1/8 of a rotation but no more, I connected a multi meter to test the throttle and when I tested the signal connection(0v-5v) suddenly the motor began to run I was able to find a configuration which worked smoothly, I ran the motor (babying it) attached to a bike for less than ten(10) minutes and it suddenly stopped working and now it is back to where it started with a solid green light on the controller but it will not work. I have changed to all previously known working wiring configurations and none of them work anymore, I have repeated the testing of the throttle in hopes of finding a loose wire but the motor will only move 1/32-1/8 of a rotation again, I have changed the throttle to a known good one and this had no effect. everything has tested well, but does not work.
I was then asked by the Kelly rep to use the auto detect and I get 4-2 error and a 1-1 error, 4-2 is hall sensors or phase angle hall sensors so I tested the sensors low output is 39.4mv and high is 11.22v the input is 4.2v. 1-1 is not a listed error. I also tried changing the phase angle to no effect. This has taken out my primary bike for almost a month so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am now having the same issue with my ksl S 7230, ill be tryin till I'm fryin

Back