Crystalyte 406 maximum current ?

Almasi

100 W
What is the maximum current we can use on 400 series of Crystalyte ?

I'm trying to choose between 400 or 500 series of Crystalyte for my next ebike setup (bigger full suspension MTB) (I allready own a Crystalyte 406 with a Crystalyte 20 Amp 72 volt controller...)

Robin

My 406 motor tops out at 1,500watts, and heats-up moderately with continuous use. But it gets very hot climbing a long hill with full power.
With my 35amp controler, and 48 volt battery pack it's a safe limit, however people go with higher voltage, but your just asking for trouble.

I agree with recumbent....

Volts X Amps = Watts...

The 4 series clyte motors can take 1000w all day long, 1500w for minutes and 2000w+ for short durations limited by how much heat you produce... ( I run a 409 in a 20" at 90v 30 amps !! )

So the 406 at 48v, 40amps is fine..

At 72v it depends on what diameter wheel, ambient temp, rider weight, etc.. but 20 amps is safe, 40 amps is possible but with limits...

More than 40 amps starts to be a problem for most battery packs...and that then becomes your limiting factor..

If you cross drill your side plates (take them off first) with 10mm holes randomly, it will take just about anything you throw at it ;) i have been running my 408 with over 100v, also if it rains the water drains out and keeps the motor in good shape.

Cooling is the anwser ;)

do you cover the holes with anything to keep out snad and dirt?
otherDoc

docnjoj said:
do you cover the holes with anything to keep out snad and dirt?
otherDoc

As much as i do not agree with drilling holes in motor side plates, one cannot overlook the electric motors in industry& washmachines, that run forever and are exposed on both ends.

Back