Passion eBike 6 FET Kunteng Controller (S06S)

Get all your technical information about electric bikes here.
stepan   100 mW

100 mW

Re: Passion eBike 6 FET Kunteng Controller (S06S)

Post by stepan » Dec 02 2016 10:35am

flangefrog wrote:This is the inside of the KT-LCD3 (S-LCD3) HMI.
That's a nice blog and research, thanks for that!

BTW, were you able to find pinout of the KT controllers? Where to connect temperature sensor on controller board to be able to see motor temperature on display? Which temp sensors do they support?

ThierryGTLTS   100 mW

100 mW

Post by ThierryGTLTS » Jan 12 2017 4:21am

stepan wrote:
flangefrog wrote:This is the inside of the KT-LCD3 (S-LCD3) HMI.
That's a nice blog and research, thanks for that!

BTW, were you able to find pinout of the KT controllers? Where to connect temperature sensor on controller board to be able to see motor temperature on display? Which temp sensors do they support?
Same question!!!

I would be interrested to know if a simple 10K classical NTC would do the job, or if something like the LM35 would be more appropriated.

Thierry

Samd   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by Samd » Jan 12 2017 6:09pm

Interesting info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://ballaratebikes.com/

ImageImageImage
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing that a 165mm rear shock can't deliver 220mm of rear swingarm travel." - Oprah Winfrey.

casainho   100 MW

100 MW

Post by casainho » Oct 11 2017 11:04am

flangefrog wrote:This is the inside of the KT-LCD3 (S-LCD3) HMI. There was a little bit of silicone around the edges to seal it. I will need to upgrade the display for 14S. The protocol has been documented by someone here at ES so it would be fairly easy to write a new program for the display for anyone familiar with the STM8.
We now have the OpenSource firmware for the BMSBattery S/Kunteng controllers!! Come and join us :-)

Some videos of our OpenSource firmware:

Developer of the Flexible OpenSource firmware for EBike motor controllers (TSDZ2 and KT) and LCDs (KT-LCD3 and Bafang 850C color LCD).

If you like my work, please consider making a donation. I am being using the donations to buy needed resources for my developments. My paypal: casainho AT gmail.com.

d8veh   100 GW

100 GW

Post by d8veh » Oct 12 2017 5:45am

Thank you so much for all your hard work and for making that info available. I've been reading through some of it, but I need to spend a lot more time with it as there's an awful lot to digest. for now, i have one comment. I tried a Q75 with a BMSB S06P controller, which you advise not to use. At first, I had the same commutation problems when running at high power, but then I set P1 to 160 and it worked perfectly through the whole speed and power range. I found that value by trying first all the calculated ones (magnets x reduction ratio), then I started random numbers. 160 was the third random number.

Do you know what is the function of P1?

casainho   100 MW

100 MW

Post by casainho » Oct 12 2017 6:00am

First test of our OpenSource firmware on S06S on a real EBike, recorded some minutes ago -- the video shows the motor running using my lab power supply (that can handles max of 10A). Firmware was limiting the motor max current to be about 8A. Motor max speed is 45km/h when the wheel is on the air.
Tomorrow I will do the first tests with a battery and ride the ebike :-)

This controller family supports from 0.25kW to max of 4.3KW (72V, 60A), which should be ok to implement vehicles like hoverboards up to motorcycles running at 100km/h!!

Developer of the Flexible OpenSource firmware for EBike motor controllers (TSDZ2 and KT) and LCDs (KT-LCD3 and Bafang 850C color LCD).

If you like my work, please consider making a donation. I am being using the donations to buy needed resources for my developments. My paypal: casainho AT gmail.com.

Sztef89   10 µW

10 µW

Post by Sztef89 » Jul 17 2018 6:25pm

Hi!

I have the same controler for to my e-bike. I have some problem. My battery is 14s (42-59V) this controller work up to 48V. When I connect then I realized that ~58V burn some parts... good news, there only one element blow up - transistor (SA1013).

Can you tell me what model transistor is correct to be compatible with up to 60V?

flangefrog wrote:
Sep 14 2016 6:05am
This is the inside of the KT-LCD3 (S-LCD3) HMI. There was a little bit of silicone around the edges to seal it. I will need to upgrade the display for 14S. The protocol has been documented by someone here at ES so it would be fairly easy to write a new program for the display for anyone familiar with the STM8. The Ketnus SHD32E22 LCD driver chip is documented and looks very simple to use.

It would be a cool project to make a new circuit board that worked with the LCD (easy to unsolder) the Ketnus LCD driver (or a similar one), an nRF52832 and a thin lithium pouch cell (think phone battery). The wires that plug into the controller would be replaced with a short USB/Micro-USB lead for charging.

ImageImageImageImage

lqbweb   100 mW

100 mW

Post by lqbweb » Dec 30 2018 7:22pm

fellow wrote:
Apr 22 2016 5:20pm
I've updated my second post with a better picture :D .
ice, I'm thinking of doing the same fet mod (and replacing caps) for 14S
There is already modified 13s (48V) version of the S06S on aliexpress for about 40USD with P&P. For 14S,the modification is the same as for 75V i.e. 100V capacitors, 400V snubblers (red capacitors) and 100V mosfets. You have to play with and probably change the "missing" SMD resistor and add the 3v diode (see the second picture note), otherwise the controller will not work when fully charged and the LVC will activate too early/late. It is wise to add the switching regulator in stead of the LM317 and the 3W resistor, both parts get very hot at high voltage.
why would you need 100v mosfets for 14S? 80V should be fine right?
Same for caps, why 100V? 63V should be enough. Right?