MXUS 3000 TO CA3 WIRING QUESTIONS

coolum

1 mW
Coolum Beach, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australi
Wiring Problem ..

I have bought a MXUS 300 and 60amp controller ..

I am wishing to connect the CA3 and run the crystalyte Throttle directly from the CA 3

In the following image I have the Andersons to the 3 phase wires connected and hall sensor wires also matched.

I have the battery connected (not in this shot) but I am not sure where to wire the CA3 to … I have attached to the connector which seems the most obvious but I not getting any action ..

I have done a couple of other builds but mostly plug and play (I’m feeling more like a newb then when I started) so this one has got me confused as its seems to be right but its not working .. = no drive and even though I have 52 volts out of LIFEPO4 battery I am not seeing anything (Volts) out of the controller outgoing wires.

ATTACH]

Can anyone please give me some options to try..

Many thanks

Steve

E Bike Guru in Brissie or Sunshine coast?

Is there anyone I can pay to sort out this issue on the sunny coast or Brissie area. I am happy to take the bike to them and pay for their expertise .. If you know of anyone please let me knw who to contact or PM
Many thanks

Steve ..

Connecting wires to 'find the right combo' is a very very bad idea. Some electronics take strong exception to being connected to reverse polarity and will cease to play in your game once so offended.

The Unofficial Guide said:
Please ensure the vehicle operates properly on the road without the Cycle Analyst connected and ONLY THEN carefully follow the following steps in the order presented and without modification.
So as a first step - stop playing around with the CA and connectors you don't understand and get the bike running and riding 100% without the CA hooked up in any way.

From the look of things, the connector you claim doesn't supply power to the CA looks exactly right to be a CA-DP connector - right connector, right color code. The connector you want to change and plug into the CA has the wrong color code and is the wrong connector type - not very promising at all. (C'mon - why would anybody try to be 'compatible' with a CA by putting an incompatible connector on their controller?) See the Guide.

If you had the bike working without the CA, then you could easily and safely verify Gnd, Vbatt, and a hall signal on the CA-DP connector. I suspect that you do not have the controller 'ignition wire' hooked up so the controller is OFF and there is no power on the CA-DP connector red/black pair - just a guess (controller switched OFF = CA switched OFF).

In any case, forget the CA and get the bike riding. That will identify the bulk of your needed connections, get the throttle and ignition squared away, get the hall and phase order properly, and all without putting the CA at risk... If your bike isn't working 100% before you hook up the CA, you will not have any idea if the problems are in your CA hookup/configuration or the rest of your bike.

Thanks Tek,

Yes that is what I am currently concentration on... leave out the CA3 until I get it going.....

I bought MXUS controller and throttle all supplied by MXUS sales co.

I have verified the 3 phase wires and the Hall sensor wires are colour matched.
I have connected the Power wires and verified that there is sufficient charge

So Motor to controller and Controller to Power would be assumed to be OK

I have had a reply from the MXUS support and they have answered and put labels on an image I sent (which is great that they are providing great support - MXUS = recommendable) and I have attached the reply here.

They are suggesting that the 6 Pin plug and the 3 pin plug from the throttle (both) are required -

ATTACH]

The throttle they have supplied also contains a 3 way switch and an on off button - so support say that the 6 pin is required along with the 3 pin throttle connector.

Simply connecting all 3 items together in the configuration they have suggested does not 'fire up' the system. I have tried power switch in diff positions and all 3 way in different positions and cannot seem to get any power to rear wheel.

I also have a crystalyte Throttle I can connect and use this for a more simplistic 3 pin only connection - so reducing the wiring back to the controller to a Throttle input only .. this does not seems to work in the default configuration - Is it worth swapping out wires to get a different combo?

There is no power switch as such on the controller itself.

Thanks for any further suggestions

Steve

Does anyone know of someone who can help me track an error with a new bike setup

I have a new MXUS with new controller from the same company (MXUS) AND a throttle from them as well.

I have connected a 70 volt Battery pack (3 x lipo 610AH) but can't get power to the rear wheel ..

I have plugged in a CA3 and managed to get power to it but I just can't get any 'GO'.

Is there someone who can help in Brissie or the sunshine coast that anyone may know of ... Its got to be a simple fix .. but its beyond me ...

the MXUS support team say everything is tested before shipping .. and the 3 components are just connected together and should be OK to go..

I have a 48VLIFEPO4 battery as week that I would like to use So I have ordered another controller that will go from 36 - 48 Volts and am waiting for it to be shipped...

Can anyone suggest a contact please.

Steve

John Bozi put me onto a young bloke on the sunny coast - Sunshine Coast Bicycle repairs - Andrew Shipp.

Andrew helped with tracking of the power but we were still unable to get it going.

I had ordered a second controller from the MXUS for a 48 Volt system (instead of using the 70V LIPOS ) and when it arrived I simply plugged it together and it all works ..

This confirms a faulty Controller from MXUS factory.

I have asked for a repair/replace/ refund of the first controlle,r I am hoping they will get back to me shortly with a response.

Thanks for all advice.

Steve

Back