new 1000 watt build should i upgrade controller?

shr00m

10 W
just finished building a 1000 watt brushless dd conversion from ebay and im in love... just curious if it is wise to run a 48-72 volt controller vs the 29 amp one im running to prolong life of controller or get better performance. im sure my kit has the cheapest of the cheap controller and im just curious for if/when it goes what what i should replace it with and what other things i should consider upgrading / changing out. as far as the motor goes it seems to be powerful/fast in the future im sure id just get a really good hub what adavantages does a name brand hub have to compared to a ebay special?

also... i may some day want to run 60 or 72v so i would have room for that but mainly just curious if the 48-72 controllers are more robust and can handle longer hill climbing type stuff...?

It all depends on the controller rating. A 48V 1000W controller will last the same as a 72V 1000W controller in theory, and a 48V 2000W controller will last longer than a 72V 1000W controller. Of course you get more wattage at the same amperage with a higher voltage controller and battery pack. I run 10ah 88.8V on all both my motors. One of the main advantages of running higher voltages is that you don't need to pull more amps to get more power. This causes less strain in the battery system. Of course you can do the same thing by using a higher ah battery system, but you don't get more power and speed. More info on controllers;
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74403

Rodney is quite right. It depends on the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back