upgrade for cheap "wiring block"???

shr00m

10 W
what is a good replacement for the plastic box that has 3 bolts in it to connect the motor to the controller the one that came with my kit seems very cheap and id rather replace it before it falls apart on me and something bad happens.

I'd say for phase wires most people are using the larger bullet connectors (with a sheath of heatshrink), or Anderson Power Poles.
Or just solder them together if you never need to separate the controller from the motor.

I'd solder but worry about flats... Bullet connectors would work.

I'm rebuilding my old hub motor with a bad wire, installing new skf bearings, lm335 sensor and new 12ga wire. I will use either 4mm or 5.5mm bullets on the power wires but what do you think about using a 6-conductor cable with RJ25 terminal for the hall and temp sensors? I don't like the bulky cheap chinese connections

RJ25 connections dont like vibrations. You'd need to plug it in then glue it for a semi-reliable connection. Even then, you still couldnt trust it on rough terrain. I'd personally look at the smaller waterproof plugs like the HiGo which is nearly the default for alot of ebike kits (it's quite expensive though).

Raged said:
RJ25 connections dont like vibrations. You'd need to plug it in then glue it for a semi-reliable connection. Even then, you still couldnt trust it on rough terrain. I'd personally look at the smaller waterproof plugs like the HiGo which is nearly the default for alot of ebike kits (it's quite expensive though).

how about this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/IP68-M14-Waterproof-Short-Soldering-6-Pin-5A-Plug-Connector-190A-6P-/331573111295?hash=item4d334c29ff:g:7hsAAOSwpDdVaDDr

Yes could work but that will depend how much amps it will handle before melting and wires touch :roll:
I personally use Terminal Block 40-60Amp never had any issues.

Black6spdZ said:
how about this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/IP68-M14-Waterproof-Short-Soldering-6-Pin-5A-Plug-Connector-190A-6P-/331573111295?hash=item4d334c29ff:g:7hsAAOSwpDdVaDDr

Nope.
Just building in a recurring PITA.

IP68-M14-connector.png
The nice thing about plain old JST's is that you just slide the pins out of the shroud so you can pull the wires+pins through nut, washer, etc for motor service. Everything just clicks back together.

Back