Elife controller info wanted?

powerlord

10 mW
My KU123 controller blew a few weeks ago, and this is the only replacement I could get quickly:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/48V-1000W-15-Mosfets-30A-Brushless-Motor-Controller-Electric-bike-hall-sensor-/272294501676?hash=item3f66045d2c:g:ptIAAOSwOVpXeApg

http://elifebike.com/peng/iview.asp?KeyID=dtpic-2012-AX-RAUE.7YSWB

I had a bit of bother fitting it as many of the connectors were wired up differently from the KU123, but I got there in the end.

However, with the KU123 running at 48v with my Q128 rear hub on a 26 rim I got about 30mph on the level and 30amps.

With this controller I get about 23mph and about 24 amps or so.

I'm wondering if I've wired something wrongly ? I've not got the white speed limit wire connected, and neither have I done anything with the '3 speed' wires as I'm using the basic throttle.

However is it possible with this controller I need to ground the high speed wire or pull it to 5v or something to get my full 30 amps out of this controller ?

Did you disconnect the speed limiter? Did you install the 3 speed switch? And try the different switch positions? The 3 speed switch is simple. All open is default speed. Short black wire to each of the other 2 wires is other speeds.

speed limiter - yes as I said - left open.

speed switch: I don't have one - with the KU123 I just left them unconnected and it worked fine.

I'll try connecting the black to orange/high then and see if that makes a difference though, thanks.

I thought that was only for PAS though ?

my mistake then I always thought this controlled the amount of the assist for PAS.

You are saying it's basically a speed limiter with 3 levels, and the default is medium.

Interesting - I shall give it a go - I wonder if on the KU123 the default was fast then, since it hit its max 30 amps with it's speed connector unplugged. hmm.

I'll let you know what I find out.

regards

stu

So = you were right. short black to high speed and i now have the full 30amps.

thanks again.

stu

Back