Using slider Pot instead of thumb throttle?

multifrag

100 W
I'm using BBS02 mid drive and planing on putting a slider pot near my brakes as I'm running it on a road bike. I'm trying to get some info on what pot value i should use. Any idea on the current goring through throttle? Voltage values?

d8veh said:
5K ior 10K. You need additional resistors so that it works between 0.8v and 4.2v..
Much appreciated. Gonna test it and make sure that the pot slides back when released. Don't want to have a stuck throttle :D

Raged said:
why dont you just mount the thumb throttle on the drop bar?

[youtube]y29npPhguFA[/youtube]
I will do that for now, but putting a slider pot will make it sleeker and easier to control

I had a linear pull slider design I was going to fab up and link to the front shifter cable, but after I mounted the throttle the other way, it was good enough for me.

This was the design :
cable_pull_throttle.jpg

It works the same way as a normal throttle except you can attach anything cable operated ( eg the now useless front shifter ) and it is totally sealed ( weatherproof ) and uses hall sensors so you do not have the wear and tear issues with contacting switches.

Restrictive slider can work, but won't be stable or waterproof.

An Idea I had for something similar was to seal up the hall sensors from a Hall throttle with RTV silicon, then put them under the wrappings on the handlebar. Then put the magnet from the throttle into the finger or palm of a riding glove. The throttle would work when you moved your hand between those two points. ( Slide, twist, how ever you wanted to position the sensors). Also, the bike would be unridable with out the glove, adding some security to it.

Finally finished the idea. Was riding with the thumb throttle for a while. Now that I had some free time managed to attach the slide pot and configure the software. I think it looks very clean. Nobody was able to spot that there is something wrong with the gear lever not to mention no that bit of plastic sticking out will control the speed of the bike. Great against police :p

Attachments

• IMG_1592.JPG
    IMG_1592.JPG
    344.1 KB · Views: 558
Back