Best controller for my MXUS V3... for max performance

Ososjohnny

100 mW
Hey folks,
I am building a MXUS V3 and would like to run it on 96v... what is the best controller for my application? If you have any other suggestions please feel free to tell me how to squeeze every last drop out of this bad boy.

I greatly appreciate all of you wisdom and help!

Thank you for you time,
John

After blowing a couple of halls on my mxus 3000, I bought this controller and it works great sensorless on 24s lipo. It has 120V caps and 18 125V fets.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/302019007991

wesnewell said:
After blowing a couple of halls on my mxus 3000, I bought this controller and it works great sensorless on 24s lipo. It has 120V caps and 18 125V fets.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/302019007991

I looked at this and noticed the 1000w rating... isn't this too low?

Thank you for the advice.
John

Do the math. 45A times 100V = 4500W peak. More than enough for me. A shunt mod could take it up to 60A easy. For $40 bucks shipped, I'm more than happy with it.

wesnewell said:
Do the math. 45A times 100V = 4500W peak. More than enough for me. A shunt mod could take it up to 60A easy. For $40 bucks shipped, I'm more than happy with it.

Thanks for the help, I am still learning how all this works... I got as far as basic circuits in school and became a business major soon after! Haha.

Here's a video running that controller.
[youtube]w97n4ig8254[/youtube]

999zip999 said:
Wessnewell how fast does she go. Looks like 32mpph most be faster.
On the speed run it hit 48.1mph. First part of video. Shown on speedo at end of video.

999zip999 said:
How much money you got ?

Hi,
I am not concerned about the price as long as it isn't ridiculous... I would call that 300$ or more is too much. I won't be racing but rather just cruising around town, maybe the occasional dirt road. I am interested in getting every bit I can out of this motor without ruining any reliability.

Thank you for your help!
John

999zip999 said:
18F Silent Controller 36-150V VAR.REGEN/BT Progrm/GPS-$199 in the new for sale section.
Sinewave. Plus lots of bells and whistle's.

I second that!

I'd get an 18F Sine wave from Kinaye if you're in the USA. More cost effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The $40 shipped controller has 18 HY3312P fets rated for 125V 130A , and 120V caps and was shipped from San Diego, Ca. USA. The $200 controller has 18 4110 100V fets and I'd assume 100V caps. Of course if you've got more money than you know what to do with, who cares.

I like a simple plug and play solution for a C.A. and great support. If money is tight I would go the wessnell route. Great price and some splicing and figuring out their color combos for the Halls and phase wires. Oh wes has a color combo.

No, I'm using it without the halls connected. I simply hooked up the phase wires color for color and then shorted the learning wires. It ran backwards. Then disconnected them and shorted them again and it ran forward. Then just left them disconnected. This is the first sensorless controller I've ever used and a was happily surprised at how good it works.

Thanks all for your help people!!! Member Powervelocity.com with the 18fet controller here on the forum seems legit, I appreciate everyone's input! I am not on such a tight budget that I need to only spend 40$ but I will absolutely keep it in mind, thanks for all the help Wes Newell! Now I have to decide how to evenly distribute about 96v of battery across the bike frame!

Thanks again folks!
John Howard-Greene

999zip999 said:
Powervelocity has high voltage batteries. I have no experience with their battery but do love the controller.

Yeah buddy! The guy I'm talking to is super cool, he is helping me with all kinds of questions!

What options did you get on your controller 999zip999 ? I am keeping it simple but going to try the Bluetooth as long as it doesn't need to be hooked up to get service/phone calls. I have an iPhone and the Bluetooth system is designed for Androids... so it sounds like I could possibly buy a used phone off Craigslist and use it as a screen/brain for the bike. We will see!

Thanks,
John

Back