Infineon controller stopped reacting to throttle input.

elt93

10 mW
Hi Guys,
I have an Infineon 40A 12fet controller, a 14s battery and a MAC Motor. Yesterday I plugged and unplugged the throttle pin from the controller in the adaptor/connector to play with my arduino and check some throttle control loops. I then went back to the original configuration and connected back the original pins between the throttle and the controller. After driving the bike for maybe 500m, it just suddenly stopped reacting to throttle inputs. Everything on the Cycle Analyst seems to work fine, but there is zero reaction to me twisting the throttle. I checked the throttle signal voltage and it is fine just as before.
Would anyone be able to help me on how to handle this issue?
Thank you for your help!

I literally just opened the controller, measured a few voltages, put it back together and it worked again. No idea why! If anyone has a clue so I could understand it would be very helpful!

As soon as I went for a ride after my last message, although everything was working perfectly under no load (raising the back wheel), after 10 meters of accelerating, same thing the motor just stopped responding to throttle inputs...

Sorted it out if someone has a similar problem: there was a fault in the ebrake system which activated randomly and cutoff the power to the motor.

I had similar thing when my battery circuit unsoldered itself. It had only a single point contact, so when I got on the bike, not more than maybe 1A was flowing. This gave very little power to the wheel. After lifting the wheel it was rotating with ca. 50% normal speed.

Repairing the bad solder helped in my case.

Back