Need assistance with DD hub, Cromotor v3

loysius

10 mW
Hi guys,

I am working on installing my Cromotor V3 onto my bike but have some concerns.

First off the wheel is noticeably harder to turn when installed even though I can't find any touches between static parts and the moving parts of the hub. Can anyone give me trouble shooting tips or an estimation as to how excessive this is supposed to be?

Second, the wires that protrude from the hub seem to touch the nuts that hold on the brake rotor. It may just be the dimpled part of the sleeve but please let me know if this is installed properly. Here is a picture: http://pasteboard.co/hdXMLa6U9.jpg

Third there is a plastic piece that acts as a spacer between axle and wires and the rest of the motor. The brake rotors wouldn't fit without either itself or the plastic being shaven down a bit. I opted to shave down the plastic instead of the rotor. I hope this isn't really much of a problem.

Thanks.

Make sure your phase wire terminal ends are not touching as this will cause the wheel not to turn smoothly. Best to setup with controlller and then test.

Some people drill recesses/countersunk dips in the rotor bolt holes so the head of the bolt sits lower. Or Try smaller headed or flat headed screws/bolts to screw the rotor on, or even countersunk screws if you drill recesses.

Filing down/shaving the plastic sleeve is normal to make it sit flat and flush to the hub cover so the brake rotor will sit properly.

Have you tried fitting your rear brake caliper yet to see if there is room for it?

Back