Flier Brushless ESC HV 300A For Ebike

Get all your technical information about electric bikes here.
tahustvedt   10 kW

10 kW

Flier Brushless ESC HV 300A For Ebike

Post by tahustvedt » Dec 01 2016 11:37am

I'm thinking about getting one of these, but I need to know how the current limiter works. Does it work like e-bike controller and allo acceleration at the current limit, or does it work like RC ESCs and cut power when you hit the limit?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Flier-B ... .24.kVeEaj

liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Flier Brushless ESC HV 300A For Ebike

Post by liveforphysics » Dec 01 2016 3:49pm

In practice it likely just explodes into plasma before you need to worry much about its current limiting.

RC controllers work nicely in RC models.
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

tahustvedt   10 kW

10 kW

Post by tahustvedt » Dec 01 2016 4:03pm

The ESC programming software has a setting called "Power Restriction", and power limit for forward and reverse if reverse is used. I wonder what the heck "Power restriction" is. Does it restrict current? It doesn't make sense to restrict "power". I have asked them on Ali.

Actually, I will use it in a huge RC airplane and need the current limiting, which is elevant to e-bike controller operation (which they advertise the controller as), to create an experimental setup.

Punx0r   10 GW

10 GW

Post by Punx0r » Dec 02 2016 3:50am

Reduced speed/power in reverse is a common feature on controllers of many types to help make a model or vehicle more controllable when going backwards. It could just be a cap or divider on the throttle input.

IIRC it's possible to use voltage drop across a FET to give an approximate indication of current to allow current limiting to be implemented, so it might have this feature. Normally you'd just look for one or more shunts to see if a controller obviously measurements current.

Can't you take a look at the programming software (or a screenshot of it)? If it has current limiting you should see a setting allowing you to change it.

tahustvedt   10 kW

10 kW

Post by tahustvedt » Dec 02 2016 8:33am

If you look at the screenshot on the aliexpress spage you see "current limit".

I got a reply now from them saying it doesn't have current limiting. Typical Aliexpress seller inconsistensy. I will now ask how they limit "power", which isn't a reverse limit.

Punx0r   10 GW

10 GW

Post by Punx0r » Dec 02 2016 8:39am

Right, I see that now. The current limit settings in the screenshot of the software are greyed out, indicating the controller does not support that function.

tahustvedt   10 kW

10 kW

Post by tahustvedt » Dec 02 2016 9:04am

Punx0r wrote:Right, I see that now. The current limit settings in the screenshot of the software are greyed out, indicating the controller does not support that function.
The reason it's greyed out is because the software is in boat mode, as indicated in the top left. The current limit is an air function. ;) It'snot a screenshot from when this particular ESC was connected.

tahustvedt   10 kW

10 kW

Post by tahustvedt » Dec 02 2016 9:08am

If anyone knows of an ESC that has current control (torque control) similar to that of a bike controller I'd be grateful to hear of it.

Matt_92   100 mW

100 mW

Post by Matt_92 » Feb 21 2018 11:35am

Hey Tahustvedt, did you buy this controller ? I'm interested with this controller, 200A or 300A, the price is low, but what about the quality ?

Yes you can manage the current limite :wink:

In my case I plane to use it at 12s with a current max at 160A (or 7000w max), these controllers look attractives !
Controller.jpg
Controller.jpg (80.77 KiB) Viewed 444 times
Thanks for replies :D
...from France, sorry for my english :oops: