Mobipus Controllers

Get all your technical information about electric bikes here.
User avatar
ridethelightning   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1778
Joined: Jul 21 2013 9:48pm

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by ridethelightning » Aug 24 2017 7:39am

subscribe

ossivirt   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 10
Joined: May 18 2016 2:08pm

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by ossivirt » Aug 25 2017 12:06pm

atarijedi wrote: Hello Shenta,

I was wondering, is there a manual for this controller? Something that lists its specifications and features, wiring diagram, API, command reference, etc...? If so, how would one go about getting a copy?

Also, does the controller have the ability to both have a brake switch motor cut-off function, and a separate variable regen throttle? So I could hook my eBrakes up to cut power to the motor, and then also have a thumb throttle to do regen? If not, would it be difficult to add this functionality? Even if it meant cannibalizing some other function.

Finally, how thick is the water cooling block for the 72200?

Thanks
Ballaratebikes has link to these files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... G1zOXRjMlE

Cut-off and regen is possible says the manual.. Has wiring diagram!

I am almost convinced to buy one :) If i do get it I need to build bike around it from scratch since I do not have anything that can handle the power :mrgreen:

I wanted to try the control console software beforehand but it fails to install because some permission error :cry: I gave it admistrative rights but no luck. Would be nice to get it work if I get the controller. Anybody have ideas about that?

atarijedi   100 W

100 W
Posts: 225
Joined: Jul 18 2016 7:16am

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by atarijedi » Aug 25 2017 6:55pm

ossivirt wrote:
atarijedi wrote: Hello Shenta,

I was wondering, is there a manual for this controller? Something that lists its specifications and features, wiring diagram, API, command reference, etc...? If so, how would one go about getting a copy?

Also, does the controller have the ability to both have a brake switch motor cut-off function, and a separate variable regen throttle? So I could hook my eBrakes up to cut power to the motor, and then also have a thumb throttle to do regen? If not, would it be difficult to add this functionality? Even if it meant cannibalizing some other function.

Finally, how thick is the water cooling block for the 72200?

Thanks
Ballaratebikes has link to these files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... G1zOXRjMlE

Cut-off and regen is possible says the manual.. Has wiring diagram!

I am almost convinced to buy one :) If i do get it I need to build bike around it from scratch since I do not have anything that can handle the power :mrgreen:

I wanted to try the control console software beforehand but it fails to install because some permission error :cry: I gave it admistrative rights but no luck. Would be nice to get it work if I get the controller. Anybody have ideas about that?
Much appreciated! From a cursory look at the manual and wiring diagram, it does seem to have the functions I want, that is independent brake-cutoff and variable regen. I'll have to try and confirm it with Shenta or SamD.

User avatar
liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 13949
Joined: Oct 29 2008 1:48am
Location: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by liveforphysics » Aug 26 2017 1:27am

I know Shenta is a fantastic engineer and fantastic kind human being, and he will get back to controlers when he is ready.
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

atarijedi   100 W

100 W
Posts: 225
Joined: Jul 18 2016 7:16am

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by atarijedi » Aug 27 2017 7:10pm

liveforphysics wrote:I know Shenta is a fantastic engineer and fantastic kind human being, and he will get back to controlers when he is ready.
According to Sam, Shenta and his company are going OEM only from now on.

So the only way I could see anyone getting their hands on a Mobipus is for people to get together and do a group buy.

agedashidofu   1 W

1 W
Posts: 50
Joined: Aug 13 2017 10:12pm

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by agedashidofu » Aug 27 2017 8:34pm

Well, I'm in for a group buy...like...what's the minimum order quantity? Just wanted to get a sense of how many people Re needed

atarijedi   100 W

100 W
Posts: 225
Joined: Jul 18 2016 7:16am

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by atarijedi » Aug 27 2017 10:40pm

agedashidofu wrote:Well, I'm in for a group buy...like...what's the minimum order quantity? Just wanted to get a sense of how many people Re needed
You would have to contact Shenta, and find out from him if he would do a group buy, and if so, how many would need to be involved. I'm guessing it would probably need to be at least 15-20 people.

fcbrants   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 18
Joined: Jun 16 2017 8:07pm

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by fcbrants » Aug 28 2017 10:47am

Let's find out what the minimum order is & try to place it through SamD.

Count me in for 1 :)

Franko
atarijedi wrote:
agedashidofu wrote:Well, I'm in for a group buy...like...what's the minimum order quantity? Just wanted to get a sense of how many people Re needed
You would have to contact Shenta, and find out from him if he would do a group buy, and if so, how many would need to be involved. I'm guessing it would probably need to be at least 15-20 people.

User avatar
Cricket_Swe   100 W

100 W
Posts: 155
Joined: May 22 2016 4:01am
Location: Sweden

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by Cricket_Swe » Aug 28 2017 11:09am

I may also be down for one :)

Ohbse   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 776
Joined: Dec 26 2013 5:15pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by Ohbse » Aug 28 2017 6:09pm

Guys - I don't think it's a matter of volume. They just straight up aren't for sale right now. It sucks, but it's a personal matter and no amount of demand for controllers is going to fix it from what I understand.

User avatar
liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 13949
Joined: Oct 29 2008 1:48am
Location: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by liveforphysics » Aug 28 2017 6:38pm

Cricket_Swe wrote:I may also be down for one :)
I'm also ready to use one on my own Ebike which needs a lot of phase current. Shenta and I chatted about it, he is an amazing engineer and a smart kind guy with a passion for very fast ebikes and scooters (like the legendary Red Devil).

Whenever he is ready to do controllers because he wants to do controllers again it will happen. No amount of cash would help motivate him, but interest from folks also passionate about making some epic power lightweight compact FOC ebikes would help. Shentas scooter is a liter bike slayer, as fast as anything made on ES road racing.

I'm going to visit him whenever is the right time, and hopefully get to try the red devil myself!
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

User avatar
macribs   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3481
Joined: Jul 22 2014 5:59pm

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by macribs » Aug 28 2017 6:55pm

Now you got me all curious LFP, Red Devil? Any more information? A build log or video maybe?

User avatar
liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 13949
Joined: Oct 29 2008 1:48am
Location: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by liveforphysics » Aug 28 2017 7:41pm

macribs wrote:Now you got me all curious LFP, Red Devil? Any more information? A build log or video maybe?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 12&t=78697

Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

User avatar
MoonBassMan   1 W

1 W
Posts: 61
Joined: Aug 18 2016 6:13am
Location: OR, USA

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by MoonBassMan » Aug 29 2017 7:32am

I too am interested in the Mobius controller . If there is one, put me on the group buy list.

Bouteille51   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 44
Joined: Jul 18 2016 6:20pm
Location: Marseille, France

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by Bouteille51 » Sep 27 2017 11:37am

Sounds like a great piece of controller !
I couldn't find in the manual the max erpm that can be managed. Anyone has this information ?

User avatar
Samd   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3656
Joined: Jun 28 2011 11:08pm
Location: Ballarat, AU
Contact:

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by Samd » Oct 14 2017 5:02pm

Guys I would love to do a group buy. Sorry I haven’t been around but I took time off ES until they got rid of a major USA dealer that was threatening us all while pretending to be a victim. I will be back around now.

Anyways Shenta has had a change in life direction and can’t be contacted for awhile. Its a shame as sketch and I sent back a 600a controller each for repair and no one will return our queries. We’re a couple of grand out of pocket so I will keep following it up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://ballaratebikes.com/

ImageImageImage
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing that a 165mm rear shock can't deliver 220mm of rear swingarm travel." - Oprah Winfrey.

litespeed   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1273
Joined: Aug 11 2010 4:42pm
Location: St. Peters, Missouri

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by litespeed » Oct 15 2017 8:30am

That sux!

Tom
I'm married so you know I'm no stranger to pain!

User avatar
MoonBassMan   1 W

1 W
Posts: 61
Joined: Aug 18 2016 6:13am
Location: OR, USA

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by MoonBassMan » Oct 15 2017 11:21pm

Samd wrote:Guys I would love to do a group buy.
I would be interested in the group buy. Been trying to get one of these controllers but have been unable.

User avatar
liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 13949
Joined: Oct 29 2008 1:48am
Location: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by liveforphysics » Oct 16 2017 12:14am

MoonBassMan wrote:
Samd wrote:Guys I would love to do a group buy.
I would be interested in the group buy. Been trying to get one of these controllers but have been unable.
The man who makes them is currently enjoying other aspects of life, and will or won't return to making controllers at exactly the right time. You and I both are excited for them!
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

User avatar
Samd   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3656
Joined: Jun 28 2011 11:08pm
Location: Ballarat, AU
Contact:

Mobipus Controllers

Post by Samd » Oct 16 2017 12:53am

If you speak to him and know a way for Sketch and I to get our controllers repaired and back it’d be appreciated Luke. Its a lot of money for us to lose and I’ve tried every other avenue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://ballaratebikes.com/

ImageImageImage
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing that a 165mm rear shock can't deliver 220mm of rear swingarm travel." - Oprah Winfrey.

User avatar
liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 13949
Joined: Oct 29 2008 1:48am
Location: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by liveforphysics » Oct 16 2017 3:03am

Samd wrote:If you speak to him and know a way for Sketch and I to get our controllers repaired and back it’d be appreciated Luke. Its a lot of money for us to lose and I’ve tried every other avenue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't heard from him for many months, but I also hope your controller gets fixed and maybe some member here is capable of fixing it. We have an absurdly gifted group of EV talents here.
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

User avatar
parabellum   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2056
Joined: Nov 19 2010 9:55am
Location: Dominican Republic, north.

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by parabellum » Mar 23 2018 2:32pm

Any news?

Ohbse   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 776
Joined: Dec 26 2013 5:15pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by Ohbse » Mar 24 2018 11:19pm

Yes actually, I was contacted by a rep from Mobipus - they're in production and available ex stock apparently, both the 200a and 600a units.

No idea what that means for anybody that was previously left in the lurch.

$280 USD for the 72200
$25 USD for 72200 heatsink
$35 USD for 72200 water cooler
$880 USD for the 72600
$45 USD for WIFI module

Contact Vila@mobipus.com

I'm still running my 72200 every day and it's still fantastic.

User avatar
Willow   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 797
Joined: Sep 06 2011 7:42pm
Location: Tasmania

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by Willow » Mar 26 2018 7:18pm

I want the 72600.... but that email address bounces and website is down.

maybe someone can ring them...

Company Name:MOBIPUS TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
Tel (1):+886-2-89145975

fcbrants   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 18
Joined: Jun 16 2017 8:07pm

Re: Mobipus Controllers

Post by fcbrants » Mar 26 2018 7:27pm

If somebody calls, tell them their DNS is wonky:

https://intodns.com/mobipus.com

Franko
Willow wrote:
Mar 26 2018 7:18pm
I want the 72600.... but that email address bounces and website is down.

maybe someone can ring them...

Company Name:MOBIPUS TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
Tel (1):+886-2-89145975

Locked