Tdcm torque sensor indexing

Hangdog

100 mW
I am installing an ezee hub kit with a TDCM torque sensor on a recumbent trike.the installation inst. for the sensor says to orient the index mark inline with the rear dropout on an upright bike. Can anyone advise me what the correct orientation
Would be for my trike as the pedal force would be horizontal? Would that make it 90 degrees off or something different?

AFAIK it needs to be parallel to the top of the chain, which is why the indexing is meant to be pointed at the rear dropout.

But I'm not totally certain of that, and it may ahve more to do with the crank direction instead.

There is some explanation of it in the TDCM install document on ebikes.ca.

I guess if all else fails you can test it in both orientations and see which one gets you the better response with the kit. ;)

The reason I'm asking is that I've installed it according to the install doc you reference but I'm not getting any response at all
From the sensor,and the voltage in the setup menu on the ca3 reads 2.53v so I believe it's correctly installed but I got to thinking that the pedal force is applied horizontally versus vertically on a bent.looking for a simple solution before I start
Troubleshooting.

thanks...not what I was hoping to hear but I appreciate the info.guess I`ll contact the supplier and go from there

Back