Wheel popping ability in a BPM

Antenor

100 W
Hi there
I instaled a bpm on a 26 wheel bike. 36v and 25a.
I like to ride with pas at about 200w and use the throttle to pop the wheel and to get momentarily fast aceleration.
The controler that came with the kit is too smooth and there is a delay since the moment I tap the throttle and when it starts acelerating strong.
What controller should I use to get more brisk aceleration ?
My bpm tops unassisted at 33 kmh- 21 miles . Maybe a cod 12?
I can get a 48v battery also if necessary .

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Enviado do meu SM-G850F através de Tapatalk

[moderator edit to fix title]

The BPM is not going to be a wheelie power motor, unless you are very skinny yourself.. :)

The MAC/BMC/eZee motors are of similar weight, but have double the stator poles. This means you get dramatically more torque potential in the low end. Not hard to lift the front end with enough juice..

If you want to wheelie with it, get yourself a big battery and mount it on a rack behind the seat.

I liked that one about the heavy battery :)

I think the problem is that the controller as a acceleration ramp too soft.

I read that if the controller is sensor less the acceleration will be faster for the start.

What's the best controller to have faster inicial acceleration?

Thanks in advance for the help

The acceleration is controlled by software in the controller. The haĺl sensors don't make so much difference. Most modern controllers have a ramp on the power, so an old one might be better, but then you lose all the nice features you get with a modern one.

I saw this kit and its seems to have a fast aceleration ramp:

https://ozo-electric.com/fr/kits-moteur-roue-arriere/232-kit-freeride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOXIrLg_z5g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=69&v=tWpj18xCnL4

But could be only the rider (pro)

I was inspired also by the video of keplers fighter...it as a BPM also

Run of the mill infineon clones sold by em3ev, kinaye motorsports, ebikes.ca, or whoever else you prefer are programmable and the battery to phase ratio is what determines the initial torque output. You do not need anything fancier or more expensive than that.

But this is still the wrong motor for the job.
And don't think that compromising your handling by putting the battery in a place where it will act like a high center of gravity counter pendulum is the answer.

What will be the right motor? A mac?

The battery will go to the frame or for a backpack , offcours :)

The right motor for popping wheelies is a large diameter direct drive hub, mounted in a smaller rim. In Neptronix' post-sig, he uses a Magic Pie in a 20-inch rim (with the fattest tire that will fit the frame?)

If a 20-inch rim is a little too small, at least use a 24-inch, instead of the full 26-inch diameter that is common. The Edge, Leafbike, MXUS, Cromotor, and QS are the most popular right now.

I really think that for offroad use a BPM/MAC is the max height do not ruin the bike experience...i may be wrog, offcours :)

I will trie another controller from EM3V, and if thats not enough, a MAC motor.

I allready thow in put the BPM in 24 whell, but im afraid that the balance of thr bike gets weird

When I speak of the ability to lift the front wheel, it is more in the figurative sense of having a more ready response from the engine, without making that initial ramp of acceleration. I do not need a lot of power, I just wanted to have it more instantaneously.

Of course this is what I say today, the power creates habituation and we will always want more :D

Mac will pop wheelies in a 26" with the right programming, as long as you yourself are under 'bout 225lbs or so.
A direct drive leaf or edge motor is the minimum you need to raise the front end with a 26".

The leaf and mac are about as light as you're gonna get for such high torque output. If you are 200lb or lighter, the leaf will put out more power than your ass cheeks can grip the seat. In a 24" or 20" wheel, things get progressively more insane. 4kW into a 1500w rated leaf motor is just nuts.. something larger will take the power with more grace though :)

24" rear wheel with a 26" in front isn't too bad.

I am 160lbs.

For a setup with intention to use mainly offroad, a mac should be better than a DD motor, no?

I saw your builds neptronix...great information :)

Mainly offroad? avoid macs or geared motors in general because they are fragile when taking big hits to the rear..

DDs kinda handle funky on offroad situations, but i don't have a mid drive i could confidently recommend because a lot of them have reliability issues still, although there are some cool ones out there that are worth exploration..

I would strongly recommend a grin all axle motor because it is the lightest thing you could get away with.. but they only do front motors right now :(

The other lightweight DD would have to be a 30mm wide MXUS or 9C with 0.35mm lams. kinaye motorsports and ebikes.ca both sell these and i'm sure there are plenty of other sellers. With the right controller programming you could lift the front end. The power won't be mind blowing but at 13.5lbs it would be very doable for offroading :)

I used to be 250-270lbs, and popped a wheelie with a mac a few times so a 1000w rated motor is fine for you at your weight unless you have some weird bike with a really long wheelbase :)

You can wheelie a pedal only bike even if it's e-bike weight. It's all technique. 200W is plenty if your pedals work too.

flat tire said:
You can wheelie a pedal only bike even if it's e-bike weight. It's all technique. 200W is plenty if your pedals work too.

power wheelies are much more fun though :D

simplest route would be a big DD hub and dial up the amps. Granted unsprung weight isn't ideal, but on a long travel DH bike, with the shock dialled in, I've found that my V1 Cro soaks up ruts, roots and football sized rocks admirably.

I know how to whellie without motor :)
But I want the torque to lift the wheel on power..kind of motorcycle but without a clutch .
Thinking about it...a clutch would be a interesting thing :)

Back