connecting BBS02 to shark pack. Wire gauge mismatch. Tips?

jpwalton

1 mW
mNMx5gBPHTVGZclw6ifottZJb0x8tGQfAM21YQCTtQk.jpg

I was planning on using heatshrink crimps, but didn't realize — the battery wires are 12 gauge and the BBS02 motor wires are 16. Should I just solder them together? Tips?

Solder away!

Some will scoff, but inside that housing, a couple wire nuts would work.

Or solder on a connector that will work with both, like 4 mm RC hobby bullets, or others.

Solder to the terminal directly would be neatest.

I put anderson connectors on mine cause I have them and I can unplug when required, so nice and clean to connect in that cradle.

Ditto the Andersons... I like crimps better than soldered. You can fold the thinner wire over before pushing it into the terminal to get a solid crimp. But if you don't have the crimpers, maybe back to solder.

I like andersons and I use them but without some shrouds and pinning they come unplugged occasioanlly. XT 60 and XT 90 NEVER do. Pigtails make it use easy. Solering means far fewer problems than any connector. I don't understand he aversion?

My main knock against soldering is that it can make a hard spot in the wire when it wicks up the strands, making it break from flexing right there. A well done crimp with the right tool is key of course.

Voltron said:
My main knock against soldering is that it can make a hard spot in the wire when it wicks up the strands, making it break from flexing right there. A well done crimp with the right tool is key of course.

Silicon wire. Who uses plastic anymore? Ikeep enough silicon around to change any cheap ass companies wire, handles over 300c.

Back