Where are the controller TX and RX wires?

rg12

100 kW
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at an LCD called LCD3 that works with only certain controllers.

By this diagram photo (5 wire connector on the top):
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1js7J...l-Panel-LCD-Display-Electric-Bicycle-bike.jpg
you can see that you need to connect a positive, negative, ignition lock and two more mysterious wires called TX (which in that example is green) and RX (yellow).

Do you know if I can find/pull those TX and RX wires out of a regular Greentime controller or is it something that is connected to a chip that only controllers that are intended to work with the LCD3 have?

LCD-3 is from KT, so you need a KT controller for it. Some functions of some LCDs can work on other controllers provided that they have the 5-way LCD connector, but often they don't communicate at all. The LCDs work independently from the controller, so it'll come to life when you switch it on. It'll show the battery voltage and you can change the PAS numbers, etc, but if the controller has different protocols, it won't understand what to do, though the throttle will probably work.

I have seen that it can be done for a cycle analyst that people pull wires from certain parts of the pcb...
Are you sure that those TX and RX wires are available only on kt controllers?

Most controllers have a 4-way header or row of pads inside for programming. You can often see tx and rx marked. I doubt that the LCD will talk through that, but I never tried it.

Most controllers have a 4-way header or row of pads inside for programming. You can often see tx and rx marked. I doubt that the LCD will talk through that, but I never tried it.
Look inside and the picb is printed with the gnd-, live, 5V, Tx & Rx. It’s when a Uart, system is crossed with a Can-bus display. No no, I think they each have their own 1T4 cables too.

Back