Older pre-2009 Bionx 12C hub motor wanted

Get all your technical information about electric bikes here.
videodoctor
1 µW
1 µW

Older pre-2009 Bionx 12C hub motor wanted

Post by videodoctor » Jun 01, 2017 12:08 pm

I'm new to the forum, and fairly new to the technical world of e-bikes. I have an older Bionx pre-2009 kit that was on a bike I got from my mother-in-law. Based on my research with serial numbers on the battery, it's an older 12C bus. A couple of weeks ago the system went haywire while I was riding it, and the battery would no longer charged. It appears that my hub motor has seized/blown and is also blowing the internal 30A fuse on the battery anytime I restart the system. I'm fairly certain this battery still has some "worthy" life left in it--it's been kept conditioned while not in use.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get Bionx 12C motors anywhere? I'd prefer to get a new and/or refurbished hub motor than scrap the entire system at this point.

Thanks in advance for any leads folks here might be able to provide.

-Robert

laridae
10 µW
10 µW

Re: Older pre-2009 Bionx 12C hub motor wanted

Post by laridae » Sep 13, 2017 6:02 pm

I doubt you're going to find a "new" motor since Bionx doesn't support them anymore since they switched to the 48v Can Bus system back around 2009.
Your best bet would be to find someone selling an older Bionx system with a good motor. Try Kijiji.

Actually, I may be selling one myself if I can't get this one running. I'm in Ottawa, Canada. Where are you?