Bicycle Wheel & Gear Spreadsheet / Calculator

RTIII

1 kW
Hi everyone,

I created a Microsoft spreadsheet to help me determine how I was going to handle the upgrades to my bike's gearing that are compelled to occur due to my eminent installation of a TSDZ2 Pedal Assist System from Tongsheng. MY issue was that my bike is losing the 52T chainring and I have to do something, and, besides that, the TSDZ2 is known (thanks to others here who own this model) to have an assist-limit of 90 pedal-RPM - beyond that, reportedly, you're on your own, it stops adding torque!... As I'd like to get to "top speed" with assistance, that means gear changes!

In a conversation on another thread, I decided I'd share my spreadsheet, then realized that it may be of value to others but "hidden away" on a thread where they might not find it. And so, this is a way to "pay forward" in some small way for all the help I've been given here... Here's a link to the spreadsheet "book".

http://ScienceTools.com/misc/BicycleWheelGearChart.xls

Start with the "Stock" sheet (tab) because it has some labels to clarify that the other sheets don't. The math is all the same but the textual help is best on the "Stock" sheet.

Obviously, there could be errors - if anyone finds any, please let me know and I'll replace the file with an improved version!

Its in Imperial Units, and otherwise has the hallmarks of MY needs, but it is generic enough that everyone who wants to should be able to input their specifics and get it to do what they want quite easily.

Best wishes,
RTIII

P.S. I still need the data on what the mounting specification is for chainrings added to the TSDZ2 - anyone? TIA, RT

RTIII said:
I made an updated version of the chart, to provide more clear directions. You can find it here:

http://ScienceTools.com/misc/BicycleWheelGearChart_2.xls
Great table!

I took the freedom to make it even more flexible for my needs
-Added choice for Metric or Imperial systems
-Merged tables and rearranged some stuff, very compact.
-Added options for 9, 10 and 11 speeds
-Everything what the user can change now is in pull down menus.

View attachment BicycleWheelGearChart_MultiUnitSystems.ods

Back