Manufacturing error Enduro swing arm

Dirt biker

100 mW
I have installed the swing arm, but it feels loose, even though the bolts are pretty tight. Has anyone else experienced this? the non drive side of the "swingarm mount" seems bent inwards by the bolt while the drive side mount seems straight. Hope that made sense.

Not had any problems with mine. Should be equally the same both sides and slightly tight fit.
Who did you purchase from?

Bought it on aliexpress, the seller is called Ebike shop: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-NEW-DESIGN-Electric-mountain-bike-frame-steel-bicycle-frame-for-electric-bike-5000w/32344911452.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.43.GgPDwu&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10065_10068_433_434_10136_10137_10138_10060_10062_10056_10055_10054_302_122_10059_10099_10103_10102_10096_10052_10053_10050_10107_10051_10106_10084_10083_10119_10080_10082_10081_9977_10110_10111_10112_10113_10114_10078_10079_10073_10070_10122_10123_10120_10126_6000000_10124-9977_10120,searchweb201603_5,afswitch_1_afChannel,ppcSwitch_4,single_sort_0_default&btsid=a019894a-59d8-4ee9-bd49-35a83a705318&algo_expid=db03176d-7cb8-4d5b-b886-ef67c46f1b68-5&algo_pvid=db03176d-7cb8-4d5b-b886-ef67c46f1b68
It came with the enduro ebike authenticity certificate. I have noticed that there are many different listings for this frame on aliexpress, are there different manufacturers or do they all come from Enduro Ebike. It's very confusing.

Also when I tighten the bolts, the spacer disc under the bolt on the non drive side is pushed slightly off center, because the the swing arm is bending. I made a quick drawing to show exactly what the problem is:

View attachment EEBSwingarm.bmp

Another thing; I also had to bend the shock mounts on the swing arm, just like this guy describes in this guide: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/knowledge-base/bikes-aa/31249-enduro-ebike-frame-basics

I don’t know if there different manufacturers but would not be surprised if there was.

Yours is not right it should not be like that. It should all be nice and flush and have no issues when tightening the swing arm bolts.
The shock mounts on the swing arm should not need to be bent ‘really’ (You may find that the rear shock is a bit out of spec from what you would expect) really?
I have a dnm shock and have no issues didn’t need to bend the mounts on the swing arm. I never had any off these issues you having.

You should purchase a more reputable source like em3ev.com

As far as the enduro ebike authenticity certificate is a card with the frame unique number and the number is stamped on the inside of the endure bike at the bottom part of the frame. Without the frame and swing arm not flush together it’s a dangerous frame as the bolt can snap!

Have you contacted the seller and what did they say about it?

I have contacted the seller, they first misunderstood what I was saying, so I had to explain it again.

Anyway here's a picture of the swing arm link. There's a visible gap there.

IMG_249999.jpg

Bottom line is; never ever buy expensive stuff on aliexpress. They're selling faulty products and they don't even speak english.

Can't you just fill the gap with a washer or shim(s)? Or let someone local look at it that actually knows how to bolt things together?

With the cheapest frames from the cheapest sellers there's bound to be some larger manufacturing tolerances and "quality" control issues... :roll:

'someone who actually knows how to bolt things together?' what's that supposed to mean?

SlowCo said:
Can't you just fill the gap with a washer or shim(s)?
, then the shock would be one millimenter off to either the left or the right :roll:

Set the flogometer (hammer) to 10 and give it an adjustment. Seriously though the manufacturing tolerance on these frames is all over the place. Fortunately with a steel frame you can fix it yourself without major problems. You might want to use a press or some threaded rod to pull it into spec.
Dirt biker said:
Bottom line is; never ever buy expensive stuff on aliexpress. They're selling faulty products and they don't even speak english.
I'm curious, do you really think this is an expensive frame? Or is the expensive part the motor and battery? The frame requires a fair amount of steel and manufacturing time, do you mind if I ask how much you paid? Ballpark?
Cheers

Rube said:
Set the flogometer (hammer) to 10 and give it an adjustment. Seriously though the manufacturing tolerance on these frames is all over the place. Fortunately with a steel frame you can fix it yourself without major problems. You might want to use a press or some threaded rod to pull it into spec.
Dirt biker said:
I'm curious, do you really think this is an expensive frame? Or is the expensive part the motor and battery? The frame requires a fair amount of steel and manufacturing time, do you mind if I ask how much you paid? Ballpark?
Cheers

LMFAO!

Great advise!

Tom

Well, I'm glad y'all are having such a good time!
Something that's not expensive to you might be expensive to someone else.
I don't make a lot of money and I can't afford to throw it away. It's more expensive than a sandwich and it's expensive for being a useless chunk of steel.

It was what Rube wrote that was so funny. Do what he said and bend the tabs with a hammer. You will be up and riding in no time.

Tom

Dirt biker said:
Well, I'm glad y'all are having such a good time!
Something that's not expensive to you might be expensive to someone else.
I don't make a lot of money and I can't afford to throw it away. It's more expensive than a sandwich and it's expensive for being a useless chunk of steel.
It is only a useless chunk of steel if you don't bolt it together correct. You can just use shims/washers to fill it out on both sides or use the "flogometer" as Rube mentioned. And my remark of taking it to someone who knows how to bolt things together was just so it will get bolted together correctly as I prefer shimming to hammering...
We're not laughing at your expense. We're hoping you get this fixed.
So stop moaning and make it happen so you can go out and enjoy your bike!

Alright, so I did what Rube suggested and it seems fine. Swingarm seems nice and tight.

You got off easy. The last one of those things I worked on was like 1mm too small across the opening. I had to mill away material to make it fit.

Yeah, I guess :) Was it the swing arm tabs you had to mill? What manufacturer did you buy from? I'm still confused what the difference is betweeen "Leili vehicleparts", "Enduro ebike.com".
I wonder if they all come from the same factory.

It was for a customer. I think it was a Flux frame, though I'd rather forget it and mostly have.

Dirt biker said:
Alright, so I did what Rube suggested and it seems fine. Swingarm seems nice and tight.
Happy to hear you got it sorted :D
I didn't mean to infer anything negative about the price or your means to afford the frame. I'm just interested in peoples perception of cost and value.
Cheers

Hey I'm having the same issues with my bike, it is getting worse. The "flop" can be felt now when I'm leaning into a corner and the weight shifts. This winter I'm gonna remove the arm and see if I can build an insert with a bearing of some kind. It's a really crappy frame, again found it on ALI and bought a bike NEVER again.

R84 said:
Hey I'm having the same issues with my bike, it is getting worse. The "flop" can be felt now when I'm leaning into a corner and the weight shifts. This winter I'm gonna remove the arm and see if I can build an insert with a bearing of some kind. It's a really crappy frame, again found it on ALI and bought a bike NEVER again.
sorry to hear that.

I don't know how to explain this properly but, when you put the swing arm on and even if its thight there is still a tiny gap between the round "plates" on the tabs on both sides because the bearing sits further in than the edge, is this correct? and when you tighten the bolt the "plates" are pressed against the bearing?

I don't think it's right, I have not ripped mine apart(came prebuilt). But it's exactly the same. It should sit like the my old keystone mini bike rear rim. Nut.washer.control arm.smallspacer on inner race.inner bearing race.spacer between inner races.inner race.small spacer on inner race.control arm.washer.nut.

I'm sorry for no drawing, I don't have a laptop at this time to upload pics.

So this way the inner races do not kill the bearings. The outter race holds it in place and the inner takes the weight.bearings take the force.

Only way I can explain it
I will change the bearings out for Japanese, or if I can afford them bearings from Poland.

I understand your explanation. Could you loosen the bolt a little bit and see if the swingarm becomes loose? When I first got the frame I tought something was missing. because of the gap it certainly looked like it should have been a small spacer or shim on each side, just like you said.
By the way the "flopping" sounds scary. Like the swinarm bends when you lean into a curve? How fast were you going?

Because of the angle on the tabs, when turning it kinda flops(the side that is not straight). About 70 km/hr this is a guess why

I see. I hope more Enduro owners can weigh in on this too, because like I said, I have bent the tabs a little bit so that they sit tight against the edge around the bearing, but the bearing itself is still a little further in, so I think im gonna look for some shims to put in there. I don't want the nut and bolt to be under tension.

Back