Will this bike work with this kit (sorry for reup)

Jamessaki

10 W
I posted I hope in right spot now

https://pasteboard.co/hqNa4aqV.png

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/141992392246

I'm curious and worried can someone tell me asap

It should work. But you might need to pull the rear forks apart a little bit.....Or not. That frame might be steel. If it is then spreading it is no problem. If it is aluminum, then spreading it is not really an option. The aluminum could snap.

I suggest this, if you want that bike, go to sprallmart and measure the gap in the rear wheel. If it is near 5.12 inches, say like you should be fine. Also, take a magnet with you to see if it sticks to the frame.

:D

e-beach said:
It should work. But you might need to pull the rear forks apart a little bit.....Or not. That frame might be steel. If it is then spreading it is no problem. If it is aluminum, then spreading it is not really an option. The aluminum could snap.

I suggest this, if you want that bike, go to sprallmart and measure the gap in the rear wheel. If it is near 5.12 inches, say like you should be fine. Also, take a magnet with you to see if it sticks to the frame.

the biggest issue i was reffering to is that wierd thing at the bottom that is suppose to help the switching of gears and stuff (i zoomed in as much as my phone could at the time)

would that work or no still???

https://ibb.co/h55EXk

Jamessaki said:
the biggest issue i was reffering to is that wierd thing at the bottom that is suppose to help the switching of gears and stuff (i zoomed in as much as my phone could at the time)

From your picture it looks like you are referring to the derailleur. That is stander equipment on mountain bikes.

The kit you posted should work with that bike. After instillation of the e-bike kit, you may need to have the derailleur adjusted by someone who knows how to do that kind of work. A bike shop, or a neighbor who knows how to adjust bike derailleurs. That way you can shift your gears if you want to.

e-beach said:
Jamessaki said:

From your picture it looks like you are referring to the derailleur. That is slandered equipment on mountain bikes.

The kit you posted should work with that bike. After instillation of the e-bike kit, you may need to have the derailleur adjusted by someone who knows how to do that kind of work. A bike shop, or a neighbor who knows how to adjust bike derailleurs. That way you can shift your gears if you want to.

e-beach said:
e-beach said:
Jamessaki said:

From your picture it looks like you are referring to the derailleur. That is slandered equipment on mountain bikes.

The thing is i wont use it ever but the kit has a LED screen to allow me to i think shift gears for assist levels so will i even need it or can i leave it disconnected?

Jamessaki said:
The thing is i wont use it ever but the kit has a LED screen to allow me to i think shift gears for assist levels so will i even need it or can i leave it disconnected?

If you take it off, the chain won't fit right. You need to leave it on. Also, shifting gears will come in handy if you have to go up a hill.

e-beach said:
Jamessaki said:

If you take it off, the chain won't fit right. You need to leave it on. Also, shifting gears will come in handy if you have to go up a hill.

im not talking about taking off just disconnecting it and not connecting it to anything leaving it alone (im going to put new wheel on and it wont interfere with the bike itself (hopefully)
i wont take it off but i wont leave it on for me to use

and also there is no hills at all where i live its all slight inclines or flat lands

I know it's to early for me to bump but buying bike soon so I need fast response sorry but
Can I just disconnect the shifter cable n thing off handlebars n put the bike kit shifter on right side or can I not do that

If you don't care about shifting, you might be able to disconnect the shift lever, however that will allow the derailleur to go to any gear it wants, and it might not stay on the sprockets. It depends on the spring tension in that derailleur spring. It might be possible to adjust the derailleur to artificially stay on a lower gear. It may also be possible to shorten your chain and get rid of the bikes ability to shift all-together. If you don't have the tools or know how to shorten a bike chain, then you need to make friends with the mechanic at your local bike shop and find out how much he will charge you to shorten the chain and remove the derailleur and shifter.

e-beach said:
If you don't care about shifting, you might be able to disconnect the shift lever, however that will allow the derailleur to go to any gear it wants, and it might not stay on the sprockets. It depends on the spring tension in that derailleur spring. It might be possible to adjust the derailleur to artificially stay on a lower gear. It may also be possible to shorten your chain and get rid of the bikes ability to shift all-together. If you don't have the tools or know how to shorten a bike chain, then you need to make friends with the mechanic at your local bike shop and find out how much he will charge you to shorten the chain and remove the derailleur and shifter.

I'm talking about disconnecting the cable of the derailer I think cause the bike has assist levels that J think change the gear I'm not sure but the derailer I want to disconnect cable and take it off handlebars but leave it there

Jamessaki said:
.......I'm talking about disconnecting the cable of the derailer I think cause the bike has assist levels that J think change the gear I'm not sure but the derailer I want to disconnect cable and take it off handlebars but leave it there

Then the derailleur does what it wants to do. Maybe it is good, maybe it is bad. The spring in the derailleur will be in command.

It's better not to have the derailleur hooked on the axle most mountain bikes and cruisers have a derailleur hooked above below or alongside but not with the axle through it. Do some research and look at other rear ends of other bikes. Lots of good steel bikes on Craigslist. Plus what battery are you going to use as the most important part of an electric bike would be the battery

I think some of the comments are a bit exaggerated. Your derailleur gears will change fine. If they didn't work, they wouldn't put them on the bike. I've used many bikes like that and never had a problem with the gears. There is a problem though. They'll be OK for pedalling around at 10 -15 mph without power, but the motor will make the bike too fast for the gearing, so you run out of pedal speed at about 18 mph. I'd be surprised if you used any gear other than top gear. You've got nothing to lose by leaving them as they are.

Another weak point is the brakes. They won't be able to handle the extra speed and weight of the electric kit.

Rather than a new bike like that, think about getting a used one with disc brakes.

It's where you live the time of year, rain or a Desert In New Mexico ? Hills , flat or flat. As you don't want to over heat it the controller. Yes put a bag over it in the rain. You can get a dnp 6-7or 8sp freewheel with 11t for peddling at speed.

Whenever you buy a bike you look at the components they don't put expensive or good components on Jeep bike the better the components the better the bike. That's a $10 derailleur.

999zip999 said:
It's where you live the time of year, rain or a Desert In New Mexico ? Hills , flat or flat. As you don't want to over heat it the controller. Yes put a bag over it in the rain. You can get a dnp 6-7or 8sp freewheel with 11t for peddling at speed.

It's flat Minnesota some rain some snow

Back